WHATS THE TRADITION,....I NEED ADVICE :(

Hey you guys i just found this site and im SOOOO glad i did,.......well im a christian hispanic. My mom said that only catholics have quinces.I REALLY WANT ONE!!!! she said we could have a sweet 16 btu isnt that just a party where people dress up? i want the big dress and my friends to dress up and all that,........thats liek my dream!!!!!i have to respect what my mom says.Are quinceneras for catholics or mexicans or what? please tell me!!!!!!!! thanks a bunch!!!
Posted by ~*~Jennee~*~; updated 07/13/03

The culture isn`t for Catholic hispanices...it`s for all hispanics. Check with your church to see if they do quinceaneras and if they don`t why don`t you just have a party. You could still do all the traditions of having your shoe changed and all of that. Just try to convince your mom that you really want one.
Posted by *Jennifer*; updated 07/13/03

Ive been trying for so logn to tell my mom,......another problem is thats in my family there are 4 girls,.....and my parents say we wont have enough money,......im tryin to find cheap thing but i dunno? should i just have a swwet 16 or what should i do,.....? :(
Posted by ~*~Jennee~*~; updated 07/13/03

Look u should really have one... I am...
I`m hispanic...El salvadorian... But my whole family is mexican and that all i know any way... I also am a christian... Not calothic... They`re all catholic...(i am christain by free choice they Accept it) SO I`M JUST DOING THE PARTY! One more thing... In alot of article on the internet they talk about how its christain, and so i guess it`s both! Or just the fact that there are so many other culters and religions that have partys so similar! But they do refer to quinceaneras as a christian thing also! And thats in the US. GOOD LUCK... BUT WITH THE MONEY ,,, I CANT HELP YOU!
Posted by JLM; updated 07/13/03

Wow u guys have helped me ALOT well do any of yall know anything i can get cheap!?!?!? i want a BIG poofy dress lol and i know thats REALLY expensive,......but its like my teenage dream!!! i know im thinking of this kinda early cause im bearly turnin 14 on july 18th 2003(too early) btu i just gotta convince my mommy to let me have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where can i get CHEAP CUTE things? please help i dont have pardinos or padrinas(however u spell that) but my moms friend she could make the cake for me,........and help out with the decorations instead of catering her and my mom can do all the cooking,........ All i need is the really expensive stuff,......im thinking like less than 3,000 though,........too cheap or wha? well yall write back please thanks a bunch!!!!!!!! if u need to tell me anythign e-mail me,..........jennee_G@yahoo.com or on aim my s/n is blue7baby7gurl k thanks!
Posted by ~*~Jennee~*~; updated 07/14/03

I found this site by accident, but they have a loy of pretty dresses and poofy too but the best thing is they come in packages like the cheapest is 250 on up and this is what you get the dress , hoop, bouquet, gloves, phoyo album, guest book, pillow. Try it and see for your self angel delivers. Hope this helps.
Posted by A.L.A; updated 07/14/03

Um the last girl who wrote,........a.l.a????? u didnt give me an adress id REALLY liek it!!!!!!!! um send it please lol thanks
Posted by ~*~Jennee~*~; updated 07/14/03

~*~jennee~*~

She said it`s at angel deliveres... Thats the place you search for and the web sit come ups...no biggy!
:)
Posted by *~*starshine*~*; updated 07/14/03

Jennee
I am having my daughters Quince in a non-catholic church. In fact- I am creating the ceremony from scratch- the emphasis of a Quince is the committment to serve the Lord, yes- we are Christians. I have discussed with our pastor the root of the ceremony- I have created Quince PROGRAMS for momentos to our guest that also explains the event for those guest that are not familiar with the tradition.
My daughter is meeting with her pastor (similar to the confirmation) and their weekly discussions evolve on how she will better serve the Lord and the committment she is making, in fact he is taking her through a series of lectures and discussant that is called "A firm foundation with Christ".
Also I might add that the total cost of her event is running $3000 if that and this gives her an elaborate to moderate affair. If you would like to see what we have email me at yngrandma99@hotmail.com (you`ll need WORD and POWERPOINT in order to open my documents).
Good luck!
Posted by yngrandma; updated 07/14/03

In order to see what I created you`ll need Microsoft Word or publisher. Sorry for the mix up..
Posted by yngrandma; updated 07/15/03

I`d really like to read it also!!!
Posted by me too; updated 07/15/03