Warning About Spark Photo

This is a warning to all. Gary Knode with Spark Photo is not a professional photographer. I was married over a year ago and do not have my wedding albums yet. The photo quality is not what was promised. He ignores my phone calls. He lies. He has a history in Maryland with stealing peoples money and never giving them there pictures. Don`t make the same mistake I did. Research your photographer!!!!
Posted by Angelea; updated 09/02/08

Gary did my daughter`s Senior Portraits and did an awesome job! He loves photography and does great work. The experience was great and he took extra care and time with my daughter. And we got our pictures and some extras too. It is unfortunate that someone had a bad experience, as lifetime events are so important. But, you may give him a try. He is a great photographer!
Posted by Celina; updated 04/06/09

I am one of those Marylander`s that Gary ripped off. If you have any info that could help track him down I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted by Tony Dyer; updated 04/29/09

Gary recently shot my wedding and the images were AWESOME! He`s a great photographer and we enjoyed working with him. We have received our coffee table book and it was definitely worth every penny. If you need a great photographer, use Spark Photo!!!
Posted by mike; updated 12/16/09

I used for our wedding back in 2002 and our pictures are fantastic. We did not have any problems with him. I`m sorry if anyone did. It was a concern of mine only because of horror stories I had heard about other photographers. I`ve actually been trying to find a way to contact him to see if we could purchase our proofs if he still has them. Gary if you see this message or if anyone knows how to contact him please let me know. Todd and I were married on 10/5/02.
Posted by Jen K; updated 01/22/10

Toni! He is in Alaska and ripping off Wedding photos there too.. He fled the state now and is heading to Washington. I am a local makeup artist and personally know of 5 brides with missing photos. Zero Cooth!!
Posted by Amber; updated 08/18/10

We were married in June and we have not received the CD of our wedding photos that we paid for, nor gotten to see our "book." He has set up a new business in Charleston, SC.
Posted by Daniella; updated 12/22/10

I filed a small claims against Gary Knode dba Spark Photography and was able to get my money back. I also went and filed a legal complaint to document his actions! If everyone does this than we can track his cons and he can go to jail! We have to put a stop to what he is doing to people and their wedding memories! I treated Gary like he was part of my family and he took total advantage of me! Please help me stop him!
Posted by Angelea; updated 12/23/10

I am glad to know that you were able to get some recourse. We are in the process of filing with small claims. It is really weird though, how hard is it to copy files to a CD and mail it? My 9 year old niece can do that.
Posted by Daniella; updated 12/23/10

Anyone looking for the sleazy gary knode can find him in charleston south carolina under new name Gary Lee. Hes running a scamming business call Gary Lee photography. We did some advertising with him and he did not deliver on his end. In the process of taking him to court now. Watch out for this guy! reply to this comment if you would like phone numbers for him. Thank you
Posted by Rob; updated 09/01/11

Yes, that is the one and only. You would think if he were going to defraud so many people he would cover his tracks a little better.
Posted by Daniella; updated 03/16/12

He is indeed in charleston. More like Summerville, sc.
Posted by Sue; updated 10/04/12

Try googling oak moss photography. You`ll get an address
Posted by Sue; updated 10/04/12

He lives in a neighborhood called White Gables in Summerville SC-105 Amaranth Avenue. He`s running a business called Gary lee photography.
Posted by Marie Mahoney; updated 07/28/13

He is now stealing from couples in Charleston,sc & operating out of his rental home in Summerville,sc. His businesses are called gary lee photography & oak moss photography. He`s STILL stealing from couples-what can be done?
Posted by marie; updated 07/29/13