Photography

I am trying to get into the photography field. I am 21 yrs old. Do I need a degree, if not what classes should I take...Sheryl
Posted by sheryl; updated 07/09/03

Thank you very much for your advice Terrill . I do already have an SLR Camera, which I practice with on a regular basis, and I am scheduled for some photography courses this upcoming september. I also read alot on it. And I look forward to working with a professional wedding photographer soon. Are you a photographer?Feel free to emai me also anytime
Posted by sheryl; updated 07/15/03

I would rarely use a 35mm at a Wedding. It is an OK camera for small events but medium format is known as the Wedding camera. With the advancements of digital cameras this will change some, put prepare to carry alot of memory when doing a large Wedding. You will want atleast a 3 megapixel camera, better a 4.
Posted by Dave; updated 08/05/03

Do you currently do any wedding photography? am looking for someone for a palm ahrbor wedding in march.
Posted by Marguerite; updated 08/07/03

No sir, I am not saying you cannot use it. It is a great camera for certain situations. If a client is looking for
8 x 10 enlargements and has a large wedding party of 10 or more in the party, we strongly suggest Medium format. I still have not seen a 35 mm equal a medium format print for print, but the real advantage to the larger format is the croping in on the image and eventual print that can be made with a medium format that you just cannot achieve with 35mm. This is most evident in low light situations that alot of weddings have. JMHO
Posted by Dave; updated 08/07/03