Yellow Calf Photography Ruined Our Wedding And Stole $$

I am not alone, I know of at least 10 others. She took our money and we never got our photos. She has left the state and started conducting business in Las Vegas, New Hampshire and Seattle. Anyone who uses her is just asking for trouble, might as well count out any photos, such a mess.
Posted by Aly; updated 08/12/08

Count me in also. She completely F*`ed up our order. She would never return an e-mail or phone call and had a million excuses when we finally did get ahold of her. When you pay a lot of cash, you should get superior service, not the case with her.

Did I mention that she used Walgreens to print our photos and album? We could have done that ourselves. To this day we never got our order complete and not a single apology.

DON`T USE HER FOR PHOTOGRAPHY!!!
Posted by Anonymous; updated 09/30/08

Shana Yellow Calf of Yellow Calf Photography took our money and never showed up to the wedding! She also ruined my friend`s wedding photos. Do not use this photographer. She has all kinds of excuses and she broke a legal contract with us. She owes us our money.
Posted by abbs; updated 10/02/08

I`m one of the 10 or more, Shana Yellow Calf, of Yellow Calf Photography ripped me off too. She ignored all contact after promising to deliver the disk with all of our photos, and then declared bancruptcy so we couldn`t get a court ordered refund.
Posted by Anon; updated 10/03/08

Wow! Her contract stated that if service not complete within a timely manner (3 weeks I believe), that the customer should receive the deposit back.

Did she really file for bankruptcy? We got everything but an 11 x 13 photo, the one we really wanted. Also, did anyone else get any of her "albums" that she gets from the custom lab known as Walgreens? How ghetto is that? Someone claiming to be professional and using a drug store for printing.

PS. Did she dress up like a pirate to anyone else`s wedding? A few our guests thought she said "Arrrrr" after every shot. She dressed in all black and had a bandana wraaped around her head all pirate like, all that was missing was an eye patch.

Don`t waste your time, find someone else who is a quality and professional photographer. I can`t believe she still has a website and claims to be a professional photographer.

Unhappy SD client
Posted by unhappy in SD; updated 10/03/08

I am blown away to hear this .She did our wedding and did a fabulous job in June of 07 but then my best friend hired here and she flaked and didnt sho had to get a refund from her credit card ......... Terrible!!
Posted by Bill; updated 11/01/08

I hired her to take my engagement pictures and they were absolutely beautiful. BUT when it was time for the wedding she stopped replying a couple days before wedding. This was in 2007. Took her to small claims and she has yet to pay. Now I see (on here)she filed bankruptcy. Shame on her, she also moved from SD! Does anyone know where she does business now?-- Future Brides: DONT HIRE HER FOR SERVICES!
Posted by ripped off; updated 11/12/08

Shana Yellow Calf / Yellow Calf Photography is supposedly based in New Hampshire now. She is working as an assistant photographer for someone else last I heard. Please please please file complaints with the Better Business Bureau. The more complaints there are...then the State Attorney General or other appropriate legal entities of the states where she cheated people can do something....
Posted by abbs; updated 11/13/08

Her husband is also in the navy which I am sure could get him in a ton of trouble his wife running a fraudulent business
Posted by Bill; updated 11/13/08

We were very happy with everything until now. We got our engagement shots, all the prints, the wedding was done, we got our CD, but now it`s been 1 year and 1/2 and we got non of the prints or pictures we were promised. I kept believing they would come, but they never seem to come. I believed she would do the right thing. We are very frustrated. If anyone bans together to get thier money back please contact us. We`re willing to help.
Posted by Michele; updated 11/22/08