*****GHETTO 15*****

Tell me wat yall think bout my 15 next in 4 months.....my damas are going to wear short white miniskirts with lavender haltertops and thier all gonna have cornrows and wear the light purple chucks.. And their gonna carry 1 natural flower the colo of their outfit....their chamblaines are gonna wear some black shorts wit the black and white chuck and a black and white sean john shirt and a white and balck bandana.... Im gonna wear a short pink mini strapless dress with pink chucks...hairs gonna have half way cornrows and up....my chambrlain is gonna wear all white...shorts and stuff....wit all white chucks.... Instead of el vals we`re gonna dance reggae..i think its gonna be tra- by don chezina or gata salvaje by hector y tito.... So what do yall think of my 15?????????:)oh yea my parents actually support this!!!!!!!!
Posted by erica; updated 06/30/03

Unless it`s going to be at a beach, kick ass, but other than that, i think people are going to be talking about this for a long time, and i don`t mean positivelly. If u r going to go to church first, since it is traditional, it wouldn` look right either. Well, that is my opinion. But when it come to originality, u take the cake.
Posted by lorena; updated 06/30/03

Your 16th is going to be good
Posted by Steven Martinez; updated 07/01/03

I completely agree with Lorena but it seems that it`ll be alot of fun.
Posted by Jennifer; updated 07/01/03

ERICA,,, okay i could totally see this as a cool fashion thing, you must be really creative, and i totally think i`d be cool to show our selfs of in that way,,, i liked the idea of the mini-skirts then but the idea of guys in shorts at a quinceanera is a bad idea for the purpurse of looking respectable, and some people will talk, it`s totally there problem not yours but there just some things that need to stay traditional... Please don`t make there dresses purple and yours pink that would look tacky, stick to one basic color or keep theres purple and make yours white with a purple flower or something, personally i`d wear the chucks (i have a worn out pair of pinks ones my self) but it`s the idea that the alot of mexican people, the older ones in the family i mean by that, won`t exactly be okay with the style these days or at least in my family. So to keep the tradition alive listen to lease suggestions, use them or don`t use them, i really don`t care, but thanks for listing any way:

DO`s
Mini skirt
Halter tops
Half corn rows(maybe with a bunch of curls in the back)
Single flowers

DONT`s
Chucks (COOL IDEA don`t do it though!)
Pink and purple (ONE color! If TWO use white as other)
Bandanas
Mini pink dress (get a big dress, it`ll make u stick out!!!)
Go here for quincedresses!!! I got myne here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/sophisticatedlady/quindres.html

MAYBE`s
Regge dance
Chamberlan in all white (yes) shorts (NOOOOOOO!!!)

GET HIM A ZOOT SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE`D LOOK HOT!!! AND U`D LOOK EVEN BETTER WITH HIM BY YOUR SIDE CHECK SOME OUT
Here:
Http://www.suavecito.com
Http://www.elpachuco.com
Http://www.zootsuitstore.com

Im just giving u my opinion, Don`t take it personallly, but your i deas were great, just not real, please really really considerer everything i said, i considered what you said on another messeage board thanks again!!!!
Posted by ANONYMOUS; updated 07/01/03

What does every one think about what i said to erica right above? was that a good advice or no???
Posted by ANONYMOUS; updated 07/01/03

Yeah good advice but I think it`s stupid. It`s not even a quinceanera it`s just like a regular party. If you want respect do it the right way, and it`s completely ruining the rite of growing into a woman. If you`re going to have it I don`t think you deserve to call it a quinceanera because there is no respect for the culture in what you`re thinking.
Posted by *****; updated 07/01/03

Erica go with what u think is right and remember that this is YOUR special day not theres
Posted by andrea; updated 07/01/03

Well if u want my opinion!!!!!!!!
I dont call this a quinceaƱera i called this a FREAKY PARTY,why dont u just accept its a crazy party not a quinceanera!!!
PLease...please oh my god
Well this is my opinion and well.........good luck!
Posted by not crazythis; updated 07/02/03

You should be so lucky to have a 15 even if it is GHETTO especially if your parents support it but to be honest it all sounds fake
Posted by Yvonna; updated 07/04/03

Okay well you want to know what I think, It`s a really cute idea and I give you props for coming up with this idea. But it defeats the purpose of thw whole quincenera party. This day is suppose to be really special and memorable. You should stick to the big dress idea, do the traditional thing like dancing with your dad and stuff. It would be like having a ghetto wedding.
Well I`ve given you my opinon but remember it`s your big day, it`s your decision. Have fun and happy birthday.
Posted by Sarah; updated 07/06/03

YOU SHOULD DO WHAT YOU WANT AND SHAKE THEM HATERS OFF!!!
ALTHOUGH IN MY OPINION HAVE JUST A LIL MORE CLASS, LIKE, INSTEAD OF YOUR LITTLE STRAPLESS DRESS WEAR A POOFY STRAPLESS BODY HUGGER DRESS THAT`S TIGHT AT THE TOP. IT`LL STILL LOOK TIGGGHHHHT
AND GHETTO AT THE SAME TIME.
YOU KNOW HATERS, THEY`RE GONNA TALK IF ITS WAK OR TIGHT.AIGHNT NOTIN STOPPIN THEM!!!
HOLLA BACK FA SHO
Posted by alexia; updated 07/07/03

Hey, no ones hatin` on no-1 she asked us what we thought and we told her what we thought so why dont you just mind your buissness!
Posted by Jenny; updated 07/07/03

OH NO YOU DIDNT!
SINCE WHEN DID THIS BECOME YOUR BITNIZ!!!!
YOU MUST BE A HATER!!!
YOU DONT NO WHO YOUR WRITEN BOUT!
MY SHUGESTIAN IS YOU STAY OF THE INTERNT IF YOU CAN`T HANDLE WHAT PEOPLE SAY B*%#$
PEACE HATER,
ALEXIA

THAT`S WHAT I THOUGTHT!!!!
YUO AINT GOT NOTIN TO SAY

What are chucks?
Posted by andrea; updated 07/09/03

Hey, Chucks are some shoes made by Converse, the actual name is Chuck Taylors. They are really kool shoes though, I`ve got a pair. Well eMail me if you want more information on them,
Badchick08@hotmail.com
Peace,
B.M.
Posted by Bonita Muchacha; updated 07/09/03

Thanx
Posted by andrea; updated 07/10/03

Your welcome!
Posted by Bonita Muchacha; updated 07/10/03

It would be cute if it was a house party but if its in a hall im sorry but its going to look wack. People are going to be like" wheres the quinceanera at."
Posted by cristal; updated 07/11/03

OKAY THAT WAS REALLY FUNNY WHAT U JUST SAID
Posted by *; updated 07/11/03

I THINK U IS GONHAVE A BAD ASS PARTY. MINE IS TRADITIONAL BUT IF MY PARENTS ACCEPTED WUT SHES GONNA HAVE I WOULD DO IT..BUT WIT A RED BANDANA CUZ IMMA BLOOD..PEACE OUT PLAYAZ
Posted by monica; updated 07/19/03

Hey marcela this is ur prima monica not the 1 up there ...i wa jus wriin this so u knows dat theres 2 monicas here........ K k gurl peace out girly
Posted by MoNiCa; updated 07/22/03

You no you aint no damn blood.
You know you roll with a wannabe clik
Posted by me; updated 07/31/03

BYTCH FUCK U I KNOW ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING BOUTA BLOOD. U DONT EVEN KNOW SO SHUT DA HELL UP WIT UR LIL MOUTH AIIGHT. PEACE NICCA
Posted by monica; updated 07/31/03

Ese no es una quinceanera eso es un party! you should do a sweet 16 instead because thats not what being a quinceanera is about! plus your colors dont match can you say tacky! im not hater cuz theres nothing for me to hate.
Posted by liz; updated 08/26/03

I THINK THAT IDEA IS HELLA OG ERICA JUST DO YO THANG!
Posted by *BABYGURL*; updated 08/27/03

Well it`s ghetto all right and i ain`t hating on you. Your f****** quiceanera hella ghetto. I`m sorry but it is.
Posted by MOUSIE; updated 08/27/03

HAHA! DAMN I WAS TRYING TO BE NICE TWO BUT NOW THAT I READ WHAT EVERYONE ELSE WROTE I SEE I WAS BEING HELLA NICE AND THAT AINT REALLY ME. WELLZ ERICA I THINK YOUR COLORZ DONT MATCH AND DA SHORTS SOUND TACKY BUT ITS YOUR QUINCE SO DO WHATEVA YOU WANT, I STILL THINK ITS HELLA OG EXCEPT 4 DA COLORZ. LOL
Posted by *BABYGURL*; updated 08/28/03