Unique Ways To Make The Bride And Groom Kiss!

Hi!
I am wondering if anyone has any unique ideas for having the bride and groom kiss at the wedding reception...other than the klinking of glasses or the singing of songs with the word "love" in them. Any ideas???
Posted by Karen; updated 06/24/03

Some ideas that I`ve heard of (I take no credit in thinking these up)...

*ringing bells instead of clinking the glass
*two people have to kiss first to get the bride and groom to kiss
*a poem needs to be recited
*small speech of congratulations
Posted by amanda; updated 06/25/03

At our wedding we used the game Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. Basically questions flashed on the screen about us and the selected table had to answer correctly in order to get us to kiss. It was fun as they still had the traditional life lines. Instead of poll the audience we had poll the head table. Each member of our wedding had A,B,C and D cards to hold up. It was a great success!
Posted by Jennifer; updated 07/09/03

1. Have a hula hoop. If guests want the b&g to kisss, they have to hula. The couple kisses for as long as they hulahoop.
2. Get the board game OPERATION. If a guest wants them to kiss, they have to successfully pick a card and pull the piece out without the buzzer going off. If the buzzer goes off, they have to kiss the part of the body of their date that they failed to remove (ie// knee, heart, elbow)
3. Get some bean bags (small hand sized ones). Put a hatbox or other object about 10 feet away from a `start` line. To get the couple to kiss, a guest needs to successfully get the bean bag into the hatbox from 10 feet away.
4. Clinking glasses
5. Ringing `wedding bells`. Give each guest a mini wedding bell (you can usually get pretty cheap at craft stores) and when they want you to kiss, they need to ring
6.making up a poem (have an improve night - where people get up and make up a poem about love - funny or not) when they are done, the couple kisses

Hope this helps
Posted by Sarah; updated 08/16/03

If it is a "beach themed" wedding..
Conch shell horns would be an option....
Posted by Maggie; updated 08/24/03

I just got married on July 19, 2003. We used cards that had a bell attached to them that said something like this: If you want the bride and groom to kiss-to ring the bell. It didn`t go exactly like that it was a cute rhyme. We placed these cards at the tables in front of every chair. It was a great idea and everybody enjoyed it!
Posted by Cassidy; updated 08/30/03

We are having the same trouble trying to figure out "something different." We decided to have our loved ones come up and tell their most memorable/favorite memory of the bride or groom. We`re thinking there will probably be a lot of funny ones and maybe some tearjerkers, but we just wanted something simple (few props) that anyone at the reception could participate in. We still want to make it a little more creative, maybe by having little notes written on slips of paper at the tables for participants (to spark memories). Hope this helps! Good luck!
Posted by Michelle; updated 10/05/03

Hi there!
I am getting married in less than a month and have this great idea for kissing.

On each table you place a card with a list of several items. Your guests must produce one of these items to have the bride and groom kiss. Make the items unusual....toothpick, matches, q-tip, poppy, baby soother, 1958 penny, needle and thread. Depending on your crowd you can get wild, condoms, tampons etc.......Use your imagination. (If you and your spouse aren`t really into the up and down of this repeated kissing, make the items really difficult, tehe) Have Fun!!
Posted by Lena; updated 10/14/03

Hey there- this conversation recently came up, and my fiance is TOTALLY against the clanging of glasses- he doesn`t see the need in any of it- even the "sing a song with the word love in it" deal- which always brings a good smile from people(love boat!) He is European, and is not used to these type of traditions. I`m not sure how i feel about it- clanging no, but doing nothing? Any thoughts, advice, words of wisdom??? Thanks!
Posted by ny bride; updated 10/15/03

I have also been trying to come up with a unique way to kiss at the reception. One of the interesting ones that I found is: Tell the guests the bride and groom will only kiss if the guests made a contribution to the (insert the bride and grooms favourite charity name here) donation jar.
Posted by jane; updated 10/28/03

I like the hula-hoop idea a lot better than singing stupid songs with `love` in them. The next time you`re at a wedding and the bride and groom pull this little stunt, sing the following:

My bologna has a first name
It`s O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a second name
It`s M-A-Y-E-R
Oh, I LOVE to eat it everyday
And if you ask me why, I`ll say
`Cause Oscar Mayer has a way
With B-O-L-O-G-N-A.
How`s that?
Posted by zitiqueen; updated 10/28/03

I went to a wedding one time and the bride and groom had purchased one of those little portable putting greens. Anyone who wanted them to kiss had to "sink a putt"! It was fun.
Posted by Jaime; updated 11/02/03

Zitiqueen, that is a wonderful idea and would be so funny, depending on their sense of humor.
Posted by Laura; updated 11/03/03

Yeah, the bride and groom got a kick out of it, but MOBzilla didn`t see the humor. Of course, this is the same woman that expected the bridesmaids to bus the tables after the reception dinner.
Posted by zitiqueen; updated 11/04/03

Zitiqueen, who cares how she felt? It wasn`t her wedding. Did the bridesmaids bus the tables? I hope not; to me, that would be a totally morbid thing to do, she didn`t want to shell out the extra $50.00.
Still love that idea.
Posted by Laura; updated 11/04/03

I love the ideas that everyone has come up with, very funny and inventive. I am planning my weedding for July 10th, 2004 and i was thinking to have either a limbo or a dance contest in order to get us to kiss.
I also like the idea of having a card of unusual items that my guest must have in order for us to kiss
Posted by Lucia; updated 11/13/03

I`m currently surfing the web trying to find one of those little poems about the bells when I happened on this forum. If any of you have one, could you post it? My ex boss had the cutest one at her wedding and I`d love to find it (can`t ask her, long story...)

Thanks so much!

Lineke - lineke98@hotmail.com
Posted by Lineke; updated 11/14/03

HELL NO, we did not bus the tables! MOBzilla also got mad at the 4-year-old flower girl (and yelled at her mother after the ceremony) because she dropped her basket of flowers petals when she was walking up the aisle. The wedding party went out of their way to piss this woman off that day!
Posted by zitiqueen; updated 11/14/03

At one wedding i was at they had a putting green and the guests had to make a hole in one before the bride and groom kissed.

Hope that helps.
Posted by lisa; updated 06/21/05

Hi buddy i am giving you some tip on 10 Memorable Beach Wedding Ideas through my article I think this will help you.
Posted by christoper; updated 07/19/08

I am also searching for the sites as for organizing a wedding party as I found some of party suppliers www.supplies-party.info
Posted by vander; updated 03/01/11