Recuerdos And Center Pieces For The Tables

My neice is having her quinceanera in August 2003 and I am suppose to make the recuerdos and centerpieces for the tables. Any ideas will be gladly appreciated
Posted by val; updated 06/21/03

If you have a walmart or michaels near you they have some wonderful ideas . I hope this helps you.
Posted by k; updated 06/21/03

For my daughters Quince in August. I decided to have as recuerdos: miniature champagne glasses filled with potouri/ colored rocks with tulle and a miniture quince girl at the base of the glass tied up with clear rubberbands and a bow. Also we did a clear slipper with potouri/ colored rocks same idea with the bow.
And finally with another set of miniature champagne glasses I am going to have the baker make some small cakes (size of a donut hole) to place in the glass and decorate it with the colors of the cake for a more personalized item (small bite size) for those that what a taste but don`t want the whole piece or for small little hands. My mother also recommended using small candles wrapped in tulle with a bow or flower.
The ribbons all are personalized. I roughly plan on making 300 recuerdos to hand out.
For the centerpieces I plan on putting candles/ on top of mirrors, flowers.
Just a few ideas... Good luck
Posted by yngrandma; updated 06/22/03

Thanks for the great ideas....especially for the table centerpieces..thanks a bunch
Posted by val; updated 06/23/03