Opinions?

Ok, I`m only 13 and my mom wants to start buying dresses and inviting people to my Quinceanera. Now, she`s not inviting them by saying, "Come at this time, date...". She`s just asking them to come. I think that she is counting her eggs before they hatch. She already has about fifty lists of things she wants to get, but we don`t know if those things are going to be available two years from now or if I`m going to like them. Right now, I think my mother should be trying to save money, because at this moment, she has just about everything figured out, but no money saved at all. I`m worried that when it`s time for my Quinceanera, we aren`t going to have any money for it. When I try to explain myself and my feelings to her, she gets all mad and says that she`s not going to give me a Quinceanera at all. I`m all for trying to plan things and pick stuff out, but not the things that I`m not sure about. I really don`t know what to do, and I`m tired of fighting with her. She is completely osessed with my Quinceanera and that is LITERALLY all she talks about every hour of the day. She totaly zones herself out of reality and just stays on the computer looking at Quinceanera stuff for hours on-end. Maybe if I show her your guy`s opinions on this situation, she`ll understand what I`m trying to tell her. Please, please, please reply with your opinions on this matter, I thank you for you time.
Posted by Ana; updated 06/14/03

Ana,
Try giving your mom some support, Reality is that just planning it and seeing what you would want to include will eventually create the "budget" for the Quinceanera. And they you will begin saving for what is feasible. That is how I began when planning my daughters, over a year ago. We looked at ideas then we sat down and created the budget- then from there things went smoothly. I think we have everything under control and we are not stressing. Here Quince is on Aug. 23, 03
Posted by yngrandma; updated 06/15/03

Omg! Youre mom sounds like me on my quinceanera...thats why i`m herE!

But just be lucky she cares...even if it is annoying...

I honestely woundn`t asdive telling her how you feel... Unless she`s makeing all the choices leaving your say out... But other than that try not telling her how you feel in the Quinceanera situation only because it`s such a delicate,,, and expensive situation that i`d put up with the jibber! Your right she shoudn`t tell u youre not gonna get one (but honestly she`d never cancel it beacause she`d feel stupid after she told so many people) Oh and yeah, whens she does that... If she starts to tell certain people about your party maybe a friend that comes over for some reason but ya really don`t want then to come ( thats not being harsh) and she tells them or u think she`s gonna tell`em about... Tell her kinda in a disguised wway not to talk about it! Thanks!
Posted by *~*starshine*~*; updated 07/13/03

No, thank you for your advice
Posted by Ana; updated 07/13/03

There is two sides to every story, heres the second part what is being left out is her mom wasnt inviting people to her q, she was asking family members to be padrinos and madrinas thats all. And all she said was if shedidnt want one she wouldnt give her one. Thats all there was to it.
Posted by A.L.A; updated 07/14/03

Ana,
I hink that you should tell your mom tat yeah sureyou want to plan itwith her bt it is way too early its nice to have SOME things figured out before time but NOT everything like say your dress,,most likely its not gonna fit when your 15 yo neva kno any also other things tel your mom that its better to save up money first of all and when your like halfway toe 15 start buying things little by litle thats what im doingand its really workin out.
Debbie
Posted by Debbie; updated 07/15/03

Her mom didnt buy her dress she found a madrina who said she would get it for her and her mom is trying to get things little by little. She hasnt got any thing.
Posted by A.L.A; updated 07/15/03

.....uh-huh......
(coo-koo, cooo-koo).......
Posted by Ana; updated 07/15/03

A.L.A!

JUST SHUT UP
:p
Posted by shUT UP!; updated 07/15/03

I know ana becuz im her family, so who ever shut up is i think you need to quit.
Posted by A.L.A; updated 07/15/03

Please don`t start any fights on this message board. I just wanna read opinions, not people`s sqaggles. Thanks.
Posted by Ana; updated 07/15/03

Ana
Hey right now im planning my quince and thats exactly how my mom is ! not to mention all of my tias!! Its a real pain in the butt!! So i have all of this weight on myshoulders! They tell me if i dont pick out dresses now they will for me and my quince is seven months away!!! Just han6 in there and if you cant deal with it just talk to her!!
Posted by miranda; updated 11/15/04