Guestbook Alternatives

I bought a picture frame with a large white mat for guests to sign instead of a guestbook. Has anyone tried this? Any tips on how to set it up? Should I just go back and get a book?
Posted by Jewel; updated 06/13/03

The photographer I am using is setting one up for me and from our conversation, she will use one of our pictures from our engagement session and place a glass covering over our pictures (just in case anyone tries to get cute). A wide mat is used so our guest will have plenty of room to write. Then we supply the peppy cousin to stand by and she wrangles everyone into sign their name after the wedding we will trade out the engagement photo for one of our wedding photos .. .. Instant art
Posted by Chela; updated 06/13/03

I wrestled with this myself. I ended up buying a book, but I think I`m also going to leave business size cards there and ask everyone if they would like to write us a message I would include them in a scrapbook I plan on doing after the wedding. I didn`t quite know how I would set up the mat board either and then just went with the easiest. I still think at times I should have gone the other way. Oh well, I`m not changing now. I was able to find a book that matches the flowergirl basket and ringpillow and that finally is how I made up my mind! Good Luck.... I`m interested to hear the replies here also!
Posted by jemmy; updated 06/14/03

For my bridal shower, my maid of Honor bought colored paper and everyone wrote advice on marriage. I made a book out of it and I cherish it deeply!

It could also be used instead of a book. They could write a special message to you and the hubby.
Posted by Becky; updated 06/14/03

This isnt really a guestbook alternative but it is a neat idea. At my cousins wedding, they had a nice wooden box that people could write messages to the bride and groom. Guests could write a small story or memory and then the bride and groom could have fun reading them later.
Posted by Laura; updated 06/18/03