Avoid "A Better Sound"

No stars for this company. BRIDES PLEASE BEWARE! Avoid the owner and company at all costs. My husband and I hired them as the videographer for our 2006 wedding. The videographer did not show up until 4-hours into the wedding. He missed the entire ceremony, the introductions, the best-man/maids-of-honor speeches, and to top it off, the first thing he did when he arrived was to sit down and eat the meal we paid for!

It took 8-months, and 30+ emails, phone calls and letters, a visit to his RI office to speak with the owner, and a trip to the court house to pick up paperwork for a small claims suit in order to get our money refunded and our video sent. After all of this, he issued a resentful, one-line apology in a letter (the only one we have received). The completed video was a disaster, and the only bright spots came from the supplemented photos that our very talented photographer (non-associated with A Better Sound) allowed us to use in the video.

You would think after a year and a half we would have put this behind us. We had, but unfortunately the owner of A Better Sound is now using illegal photographs of my husband and I in his 2008 magazine advertisements!!!! These photographs were the ones taken by our independent photographer. A Better Sound and the owner have no rights to these photos, and the owner is now advertising them as his own! These stolen photographs can be seen in Boston Magazine and Rhode Island Bride Monthly. The photos are not his work!!!

So, to make a long story short, save yourselves the headaches ladies...stay far away!!!!!
Posted by RhodyBride; updated 01/17/08