Reception Room Available In Chicago

Reception room available for 600 people at historic St. Ignatius College Prep located in Chicago, IL. St. Ignatius is a Jesuit high school founded in 1870, recently remodeled in late 1990`s. Available reception room has beautiful wood paneling and wood floors, tables and chairs, large picture windows, full use of outside garden area, engineer available. Ideal place for a great party!! www.ignatius.org
Posted by Brittany; updated 05/13/03

Is there any information about this available online? It sounds great, but the website is a college one so it doesn`t give any information about the facilities, prices, etc. Let me know.
Posted by Kristin; updated 05/13/03

Thank you for your inquiry. Basically I have the use of the "Dining Hall" (which has beautiful wood trim, chandeliers and picture windows) for one evening but due to a change in circumstances (I am moving) I no longer need the space. What I can offer to you is the space for an evening - you would be responsible for all other arrangements. I would be looking to cover the cost that I paid for the space $2,000 even though it normally goes for $4,000 per evening. Please let me know if you are interested and I can check on the specific date. Following is a description of the space:

The Dining Hall at St. Ignatius for your special event. This includes the use
Of the Dining Hall which can seat up to 600 people, the use of the garden
Outside of the event space, security for your guests, an engineer on duty, and
Parking facilities. The Dining Hall is an exquisite space with a terrazo
Flooring, beautiful columns, and warm cherry woods. This space is perfect for a
Wedding reception or a grand party. Many weddings have already been held in
This space. Holy Family church, which has been recently renovated, is directly
Next door and is an amazing church for a wedding. St. Ignatius is located at
1076 W. Roosevelt Road in Chicago.

Value of this gift is $4,000
Posted by Brittany; updated 05/13/03

Assuming this is no longer available but curious about the venue.
Posted by Rhonda; updated 09/19/13