Need Opinions/ Help!

Hi Everyone,
I need your help or your opinions-- If a wedding photographer could give me an opinion, that would be great.

Here it is... I went to visit a photographer whose website photos I loved. (2 in particular-- Ill get to that in a minute). I met with the owner of the studio (head photographer), along with the person who was going to shoot my wedding. I was shown albums of my photographer`s photos, and I was so happy to see my 2 favorite website photos in HIS albums-- I told him about it and he said he was flattered. I put down my deposit, and then just recently I started worrying that I was being lied to about the work. After a little bit of checking around, it looks like that photographer was showing me photos that the OWNER took, and told me they were his. I dont feel comfortable having him shoot my wedding anymore, because I have no idea what kind of photos I am getting. I asked for 5 references, got three, one email did not work, and only one person answered with an email that sounded like a commercial and let me know that she could not show me any photos of the wedding (her link to the photos expired and the others she had were too large to send).

What is my recourse here? Can I tell him that I know he lied to me and get my deposit back? Do I have to take him to court? Isn`t this misrepresentation?? I don`t know what to do.

Please help!!

Thanks, all!
Posted by worried bride; updated 11/13/07

Have you gotten married yet? As I have a couple suggestion for your question that you posted on the board but did not want to answer if you got them all figured out. If not I would be glad to give you some helpful advice. Just email me.

Jackie Baybrook
Posted by jackie; updated 03/16/08