Want To Donate Formal Dresses

I have four formal dresses I`d like to donate to some charitable organization. Anyone know of anyone that accepts donations of this sort?
Posted by Jazz; updated 10/25/07

I run a dress project in Delaware.

What state are you in? I can locate 1 near you!

Take care!

Visit our page for more info: Boutique Fashions & Events

Posted by Tracy; updated 10/30/07

I live in Orlando, Florida. Know anyone in this area?
Posted by Jazz; updated 10/31/07

Go to www.beccascloset.org & click on "active chapters at the bottom of the page.

There are over 20 locations in FL.

Posted by Tracy; updated 10/31/07

Ms. Tracy,
I`m on the newspaper staff at my high school in south carolina. I had hoped to do a feature story on dress donations since prom is coming up. I am also way interested in donating my dress from last year. Any way there`s a location in columbia, south carolina? please let me know!
-zara. :)
Posted by zara; updated 03/13/08

This Saturday, March 29th at the RDV Sportsplex in Maitland FL XL 106.7 our local radio station will be hosting "Operation Princess Project" in an effort to collect formal dresses for high school girls that would not be able to afford one. You can check out the website at www.xl1067.com for more details.
Thank you,
Cathy
Posted by Cathy; updated 03/25/08

I have received many emails from various states wanting to donate dresses near them. Normally, I would google search "prom donations & state"

Lately, I have been too busy to respond to every email.

Contact local high schools & ask for guidance counselors. They are usually aware of similar organizations.

Thank you to all who donate!

Posted by Tracy; updated 04/06/08

I have several prom dress I would like to donate. I live in the Denver area. Anyone help?
Posted by Latonya; updated 04/07/08

Aloha,

I am with the newspaper staff for my school, and am currently working on a story dealing with places to donate prom dresses. Do you know of any organizations that do so in Hawaii? If so please respond as soon as you can. Mahalo Nui.

Shayna M.
Posted by Shayna Maunupau; updated 04/10/08

I am moving and have about 5 or 6 prom dresses that I`d like to donate. Does anyone know any organizations I could contact? I am in NY, but not near NYC - closer to the Albany, NY area.
Thanks
Posted by Stephanie; updated 08/02/08

Hi stephanie I lived in Brooklyn New York and I`m a senior I would to have your dresses since you say you want to donate them.
Posted by Josephare; updated 09/13/08

Hi stephanie
Posted by Josephare; updated 09/13/08

Thanks, but I am not near nyc
Posted by Stephanie; updated 09/16/08

HI, i am in brooklyn and have a dress i would like to donate. Josephane, let me know if you would like it. It is brown strapless and is really a bridesmaid dress, never worn and very pretty with a matching shawl.
Posted by alexandra; updated 11/08/08

I want to donate 8 bridesmaids dresses in the South Jersey/ Philadelphia area. Anyone know where I can do this?
Posted by Denise; updated 03/26/09

With a Name like Jazz, I thought you may be in New Orleans. The New Orleans Hornets is hosting an event at one of their games where they are giving away prom dresses to young girls whos families are still recovering from Hurricane Katrina and may not be able to afford a dress. I`m sure they would welcome your donation.
Posted by diane; updated 04/12/09

Don`t know if my other message worked so I`m doing it again.
Denise, I live near Medford and I`m just starting my own dress collection project. Do you still have them?
Thanks.
Posted by Leigha; updated 05/06/09

Leigha, Are you still collecting dresses? I am cleaning out my closet and have tons of old prom dresses of mine and my sisters I would like to donate. I am in the Deptford area.
Posted by Allyn; updated 07/14/09

I`m in Trenton, NJ and would like to donate five bridesmaid dresses and two pairs of shoes. Can you tell me the nearest location? Thanks.
Posted by Kat; updated 07/27/09

Kat, I`m in the Medford, NJ area and I`m collecting dresses.
Posted by Leigha; updated 07/29/09

Can you tell me your location in Medford? I`m about to head back to Colorado, but my parents are in Trenton and can drop the dresses off.
Posted by Kat; updated 07/30/09