Do I Really Deserve This???

Well i kinda made a mistake a few weeks ago. I was skiping school and got caught :( SO my parents said that I can`t have a Quince. But then later they said that if I prove to them that I really want this party by doing good in school and not making mistakes like skipping, they would think about it. TRUST ME i have learned my lesson, but i`m not sure if I should still plan stuff during this time. I was suppose to have my party July 26, 2008. So what should i do? Should I keep looking for quince stuff or what? Please help!
Posted by Thalia; updated 10/10/07

Thalia,
Hi, I am a parent of a young girl that is getting ready to have a quince......this is a parents dream to give her daughter something so special to show how proud we are of you and then when something happens it literally breaks our heart cuz we feel like we are making a financial sacrifice and putting everything into making as special as possible and it feels like a slap in our faces. My daughter like you was also in a situation that made us not want to give her a quince, but we also allowed her to prove to us that she deserved one and that she had seen her mistake.....in the meantime she did not plan her quince until we sat with her again and told her it was officially back on. She is still on guard cuz she knows if she messes up then it will definately be off which it is not fair to alot of people (like her family, and padrinos) that have invested into her party. So just remember if your parents are doing this it is because they love you and regardless of the influences around you, you NEED to make the right choices. That shows them that you love them in return and respect them.
Posted by joana; updated 10/22/07