Teal And Chocolate Brown Wedding Colors

Hi ppl!

I`m getting married in 2 months and my colors are teal, chocolate brown, and ivory. My fiance will be in ivory, groomsmen in chocolate tuxes, and my bridesmaids will be in teal with a brown accent....but everytime i tell some1 the colors, they always frown...can anyone with pictures please send some to me so i wont get weary with my colors....i guess i`m easily influenced, and when they said ewww, i got upset and now i`m thinkin it wont work! but if you think it will, please please send me some pics : ra****ea@gmail.com

I need some encouraging!!!! :-(
Posted by Rachel; updated 10/01/07

I am doing the same thing and everyone seems to frown at me also. I have the idea in my head and it is beautiful! Please tell me where you found teal dresses with brown accents. I want to do brown with teal accents and can`t find the right combination anywhere. No one has a color that is even remotely TEAL!!
Posted by amscheri; updated 10/04/07

Gals - I think the color combination is awesome - so don`t let anyone hinder your choice!!!

Visit our page for more info: Uniquely Yours Wedding & Party Design

Posted by CONNIE; updated 10/05/07

Hi Rachel. I am getting married this June and am planning on Teal and brown for my colors and I have looked at some of the most beautiful weddings in teal and brown. Having white roses dipped in teal with brown ribbon to hold them together. Teal dresses with brown accent... The works. The wedding will be beautiful, its hard for people to imagine a wedding with "brown" in it but i guarentee people will be talking about it forever!! hope that was some encouragement. Send pictures of yours and maybe I can get some mor ideas for my own!
~Amber in Phoenix~
Posted by Amber; updated 10/09/07

I have found where i can get teal bridesmaid dresses. Alfred Angelo has a color called tealness and it is exactly what i was looking for! The brown tuxes are maid by Jean Yves and the teal the carry for the tie and vest is really close to the color teal that alfred algelo carries. I a so excited. Now all ihave to do is convince my fiance that the brown tuxes are gonna look really awesome. I think he will agree once i give the chance to make the sole decision on some of the other major details!
Posted by amscheri; updated 10/11/07

I`m also planning a wedding for June and want to use teal and brown as my colors ... I would love some pictures if anyone has any! aj****p@gmail.com
Posted by Ashley; updated 10/14/07

David`s Bridal also has a wonderful teal color, its called Oasis. My wedding dress is trimmed in that color and I also got lovely dresses for my bridesmaids. Its a very pretty teal and they have lots of accessories to go with it. Handbags and shoes, also trimmed veils can be dyed to match!
Posted by Lauren; updated 03/24/08

By the way, my secondary color is silver. The groom and groomsman will be in black tux`s with silver ties and or bow ties. Any opinions on how this will look? Everyone I tell says the silver will go great with the Teal.
Posted by Lauren; updated 03/24/08

I am also doing the teal and chocolate brown combo. I say if thats what you want, go for it! Its your day and you only get to do it once who cares what everyone else thinks.
Posted by Amanda; updated 03/25/08

My daughter is using Truffle (Maybe that`s supposed to sound more elegant than brown?) and blue for her wedding. David`s bridal has some beautiful Truffle colored dresses and accents.
Posted by Tammy; updated 03/25/08

I`m doing these colors as well and I`m selling all of my tablecloths and stuff. Email me at stardust_724@hotmail.com if you`re interested.
Posted by Autum; updated 03/26/08

The stuff I`m selling is Robin Egg Blue/Tiffany Blue and Chocolate brown. Sorry for the confusion.
Posted by Autum; updated 03/27/08

After reading these posts, I thought... Brown and teal, now that would be beautiful. I was about to ask my daughter if she had bought anything blue yet, and ask what she thought of teal. We were in Hobby Lobby to pick out flowers for the reception. I had to run out to the car, and when I came back in she was eyeing a display of teal colored flowers. To make a long story short, the wedding colors changed from baby blue to teal. I am so pleased because these colors are beautiful together.

I`m learning as we go, that you can still keep the wedding look, using these darker colors. One way is to mingle white throughout the theme. We are using white tablecloths which beautifully contrast our tall thin glass vases holding 2 teal lillies on brown stems. We added some tiny white flowers to the lillies and sprinkled white rose petals ocross clear glass vase plates. We put a few teal stones in the vases, and sprinkled clear ones over the petals. Add 1 (no flame) tealight candle, and 6 white tulle party favors tied with teal ribbon, and we have a striking centerpiece for each table. Add all that white and there`s no mistake it`s a wedding. These cost us about $6.00 apiece to make. .96 for the vases and 1.00 for matching small clear plates, at Walmart, about 2.50 per table for flowers at Hobby Lobby, .50 for flameless tealite candles, and maybe 1.00 to 1.50 when you divide up the petals, tulle, stones, etc. Between the tables.
Posted by Tammy; updated 03/27/08

I have ordered my teal bridesmaid dresses from alfred angelo. We are using teal and blue and a lighter blue mix glass candle holders in the windows in the church! We are doing white tablecloths at the reception. To decorate the tables we are using hurricane vases and filling them with coffee beans and then putting in candles (not sure if we are using cream or teal candles)
Looking for more exciting ideas if anyone has any!
Posted by Amber Willis; updated 03/27/08

Hi Ladies!
Don`t let anyone spoil your wedding colors. Our colors were eggplant and orange (fall wedding) - I got the ugliest looks and comments. To this day I`m still receiving apologies from people who doubted my colors.
If you like them, don`t worry about others opinions. And, if you need customized invitations with those colors please let me know - that`s what I do!
Elizabeth

Visit our page for more info: EMR Creations - Party & Wedding Invitations

Posted by Elizabeth; updated 03/27/08

Have you looked at www.c****s.com
The have a lot of brown dressess
Posted by Kathy; updated 05/13/08

I am also doing brown and teal colors for my wedding. I too tell people the colors and they say its not too late to change them. I think they will look great. The groomsmen are wearing ivory tuxes with dark chocolate brown vests and my bridesmaids are wearing dark brown dresses with teal accents. I got them at alfred angelo.com I have also seen teal with the chocolate accent.
Posted by Vanessa; updated 07/19/08

I am planning on using the same color scheme. I think it`s absolutely gorgeous. Although, I can understand why people would have trouble envisioning the "big picture". However, I don`t blame your friends/family when you inform them how you will be applying it. Ivory Groom`s tux? Chocolate tuxes for the groomsmen? This all sounds a little overbaord and this is where your color combo is going downhill fast. That sounds horrific. You need to reevaluate how to apply these colors. This sounds like a good idea gone very bad.
Posted by Fran; updated 07/29/08

I am thinking of using the teal/brown color scheme as well. Does anyone have any pics of their wedding yet?
Posted by Sonya; updated 08/12/08

My wedding colors are teal and brown accents and orange centerpieces. I`m getting married in Maui. Does anyone have pictures to share? Thanks!
Posted by Jessica; updated 12/09/08

My colors were teal and brown and it worked for me 30 years ago! I had my bridesmaid dresses made in teal and the men were in brown tuxes. Was very pretty.
Posted by PAula; updated 09/05/09