Maid Of Honor Speech

Hi everyone..I need to help make a really great moh speech for my sisters wedding. I don`t to copy any but I want a free one to launch off of.
Posted by Amber; updated 09/25/07

Here are some examples below. Good luck!

Maid of Honor Speech 1 - Sisters (Close)
Two peas in a pod. Thick as thieves. Tight knit. Close as close can be. Of all the terms and clichés that describe our relationships, I think the word “sister” says it best. If Dad tickled me, you would laugh. If Mom feed you chili, I would throw it up. When I scraped my knee, you needed a bandage too. When you felt happy, it made me smile. And when you got married today I cried tears of joy with you. Because that is what it means to be a sister.

How wonderful it is to see that you found the perfect man for you. I was proud to stand by your side when you said “I do.” You took a big step towards your future today, and, in turn, gave me the gift of a new brother. The fun times we shared during your engagement and the happiness of this day bring us even closer together. So now when Dad tickles me, you will still laugh and (groom) may wonder what you are up to. If you eat Mom’s chili, I may get heartburn too. And if either one of us is in pain, we will always be there to comfort each other.
Congratulations to my playmate, my confidant, my sister, my friend.

Maid of Honor Speech 2 - To Big Sister
To my big sister (bride); you were always there to lead the way for me. When we were little girls, you taught me how to make mud pies and kept me from eating them. You stuck up for me when I was bullied on the playground. You showed my around on my first day of school and helped me with my homework.

You taught me how to put on makeup and paint my nails. You showed me how to dance and kiss boys and all the other cool things you learned from your teen magazines. You covered for me when I came in late from a date and counseled me through my first crush.

Even when you went away to school, you were still looking out for me; forsaking sleep or class or parties to take my calls and traveling many miles to be home for my birthday. And today you are still leading the way; shining a light on the path of love and marriage, showing me how its done and, sometimes, what not to do.

As you begin this new chapter in your life, I will still look to you for guidance because you helped me get this far. How blessed I am to have a big sister like you!

Maid of Honor Speech 3 - To Little Sister
When you were first born, Mom told me I adored you. She said I wanted to hold you and feed you and kiss you every chance I got. Mom said I couldn’t take me eyes off you. Then we got a little older and you started to annoyed me. I couldn’t go anywhere without taking you along. If you cried, I got the blame. If we were fighting, I had to give in first. Sometimes I wondered why we couldn’t just get rid of you. Mom and Dad laughed when I suggested we just leave you at church or in a restaurant.

Then we got a little older and I was grateful we didn’t leave you behind. You started to come in handy and didn’t annoy me as much. You were good for playing Barbies and board games. You would eat almost anything to impress my friends during a sleepover. I could practice putting my makeup on you. I even liked it when you would come into my room and sit with me when I was sad, even though I told you to go away.

Then we got a little older and I missed you while I was in college. I was actually excited to see you on holidays and during the summer. I liked talking about classes and boyfriends and politics and how to get more spending money out of Mom and Dad.

Yes, I’m glad we kept you. Otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to share in the excitement of your engagement, the silly games we played at your bridal shower, and all the laughter during your bachelorette party. I would not have been able to watch you marry (groom) today and celebrate with both of you at this wonderful party. Congratulations little sis, and thank you Mom and Dad for not listening to me all those years ago.
Posted by MIssy; updated 09/26/07

I need help with my speech for my sister bridal shower i am the maid of honor so it has to be great.
Posted by francesca; updated 07/09/08

When I needed to know how to write my own Maid Of Honor Speech, I needed all the help I could get. I had waited until the last minute to prepare my speech and was desperate for some advice.

I decided to share what I learned with you. And support all of Maid and Matron’s Of Honors to be to hopefully help you in preparing your wedding speech.

Thanks for sharing

Regd,
Doug
Http://maidofhonorspeechinfo.com
Posted by MaidOfHonorSpeec; updated 05/25/11