Start My Own Invitation Business

Where do I start if I want to start up an invitation business? I am a stay at home mom. I have created many invitations for family parties & enjoy doing it. Everyone says this is what I should be doing. Could you please help me?
Posted by Rory; updated 08/22/07

Hi Rory,

I am in the same boat as you, I am a stay at home mom and starting out my own little tiny invitation business from home. So far its been going well but I am looking to branch out and maybe work with a third party to cut and print my invitations. I have been doing all my invitations by hand but its taking its toll on my hands. You have to do alot of research on pricing and what makes you stand out from the rest. Also, make sure you find a good paper company that offers good pricing and quality. I wish you luck!
Posted by Gio; updated 05/20/08

Are you still looking for someone to help you out with your invitation business? I am also a college student and a stay at home mom and will be trying to start my own invitation/announcement and jewelry business from home and online.
Posted by Sandy; updated 03/12/09

I found a great site that sells Inviting Company invitations and stationery for as low as $10 and you can sell for triple the profit. Super easy and they have no min order cap. Their designs are awesome and usually only available at high ed specialty invitation stores.
Www.mypapernation.com
Posted by ashley Nabholz; updated 03/21/09

Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated.
Rory
Posted by Rory; updated 03/21/09

Just curious, but isn`t it against the law to purchase someone else`s goods and then re-sell them for profit?
Unless you`re just doing it for family/friends and not selling them. I don`t know anything about the Inviting Company, but I wanted to throw that out there. I`ve done a ton of research on these kinds of things and there are companies out there, like rubber stamp companies, that have an "Angel Policy" basicsally saying that you can use their products to create craft items that you and only you are going to create and sell.
Looking into companies that participate in the Angel Policy is a really good thing, especially for crafters looking to start their own business. Hope this helps anyone who is currently researching starting an invitation company or craft business. It took me almost a year to find out about it. There`s a lot of info out there on Angel Policies, but unless you know about it, you`ll never find it!
Posted by Kim; updated 09/08/09

Hi! I am a new business owner and just joined www.thepapernetwork.com. It is very helpful for business owners.
Posted by lisa; updated 02/06/11