For an inexpensive elegant look you can use a low glass flower vase (bowl type), put some colored stones in the bottom, fill with water and float some flowers on the top. The type of flowers depends upon your budget. For further ideas checkout my website at www.abncparties.com.
Visit our page for more info: A-BnC Parties and More, Inc.
Wow! 70 tables to decorate - that is a lot!
I posted last night, but unfortunately it was taken off because I used a website that I am not allowed to name. Anyway, again......here are some ideas.
(1) I work at a church and here is what we have done for some celebrations....do you have lots of Bibles at your church? We take a Bible, open it, and place it on the table, and then lay a silk rose across it. Then place a jar candle or a couple of votives next to it. This looks really nice on a white tablecloth, and you could even place it on a large (gold?) doily placemat.
(2) Go to any search engine and type in "unfinished wood crosses per dozen" - not with the quotes, though. There is one place that sells them for $14.95 per dozen. You could spray paint these (gold?) or whatever color you want. If you wanted to add even a little more....sprinkle some "christian confetti" around these crosses. Again, go to any search engine and type in Christian Confetti - there is lots. I found some small gold crosses, Bibles, doves, etc.
(3) Do you need to stick with a Christian theme? Here is something I have seen at a wedding.....take glass canning jars (or any glass jar - a pickle jar would be great) and "cover" these with 3 different colors of tissue paper. Example - lay down dark blue, light blue, and white tissue paper on top of each other; place the jar on top and then "wrap" by bringing up the four corners, with the white being closest to the jar. Then, tie all this together with a satin ribbon. This is a very inexpensive centerpiece and it looks nice.
(4) One more suggestion.....will there be a display of pictures of how your church looked in 1947 and then today in 2007? If not, find a picture from 1947 and one from 2007 and copy these then place in frames at each table. This could get expensive, though, if you had to buy all the frames, but it`s just an idea.....
Wow! 70 tables to decorate! That is a lot.
Here are some ideas I have.....
(1) I work at at church and we have done this for various celebrations.....Does your church have lots of Bibles? Take a Bible and open it, place a silk rose across it, and put a container candle next to it or a couple of votives. This looks really nice on a white tablecloth. You could even go a little further and put it on a colored (gold?) paper doily/placemat.
(2) Use any search engine and type in "unfinished wood crosses". (I posted this idea before and it was eliminated because I gave you the exact site where these can be purchased.) Anyway, if you type that in....there is one company that sells these for $14.95 for a dozen! These are 7-1/2" tall. You can paint these (gold?) or decorate them however you want. If you want a little more to go with this, why not sprinkle some "christian confetti" next to it. Again, go on any search engine and type in "christian confetti" and you will find lots. I found some little gold crosses, some Bibles, and some doves.
(3) Do you need to stick with the Christian theme? Here is an idea that I saw on a wedding website. Wrapped jars with tissue paper. Use canning jars (or any glass jar - a pickle jar would work great). Use 3 different colors of tissue. Example, place a dark blue, a light blue, and a white piece of tissue paper on top of each other. Wrap the jar by simply gathering up all four corners with the white tissue paper being closest to the jar. Then tie all this together with a silk ribbon. This is a very inexpensive idea that looks really nice.
(4) One more idea....will you be displaying different pictures of your church through the years? If not, why not get a picture of the church from 1947 and another one from 2007 and have them copied. Then place these in frames and display as centerpieces. This could get expensive, though, if you need to purchase all of the frames, but it`s an idea! Good luck!
Bargain Balloons ~ Balloons in Bulk For Less
You can save up to 60% on our extensive selection of balloons. Providing balloons in bulk, we str...
The Wedding Expert
Find the perfect wedding decor and decorator for your wedding day....
The Wedding Expert
Our wide range of florists and flower shops will help create your perfect wedding bouquet for your s...