Halloween Wedding

Good evening. My name is Wolf and I have been working on designing a Halloween wedding for my fiance and I. This is what I have come up with so far:

The dress is from www.pyramidcollections.com and is called the Velvet Moonbeam. It is a black velvet with blue velvet inlay. Has a matching capelette and everything. I even have the ladies gloves.

The cake I have in mind is 3 tiers sitting on a flat cake designed in the form of a graveyard. Tombstones, freshly dug graves. Ghosts, miniture black cats, and even small bare trees with spanish moss. The cake itself is made of redvelvet with buttercream icing. Painted in black, silver, orange, and green intermingled with white spider webs and candy pumpkins. Http://www.freedsbakery.com/weblock#wsCbtZPn1j04TiLuoUBonw This is where I got the idea from.

The wedding itself is going to be almost like a traditional halloween costume party but with a touch of elegance. I thought of having the guest walking up a small path, well short, to a clearing lit by hundreds of candles. (Yeah I am a candle buff.) There will be a circle of candles around where the pastor, groom, and bride will be at which connects to the walkway. The guests chairs will be in a semicircle around them so that they get different points of view.

The reception area is going to be the local fire department which I am a proud member of. Draped in black crepe along the walls with hidden foggers and lit candlebras, a large cauldron with dry ice in the middle along one wall, black lights, and again lots of candles. The tables are going to be draped in deep blue crepe or material with the spiderweb material you can get at like walmart over them. Centerpieces are Pumpkins with candles and dry ice surrounded by fall leaves and other things. Now the designs on the pumpkins are not going to be like the regular jack o lanterns but custom cut. I still don`t know the designs I am going to put in there.

The roses I would like to be black and red intermingled with fall leaves.

That is all I can think of. I can`t decide on foods or anything like that. That is as far as I have gotten. I have about 268 days to plan this out and get ready for this but I am still stumped. If you have any ideas please help. I would greatly appreciate it.
Posted by Wolf; updated 06/23/07

My fiance and I are also having a Halloween wedding (2008) We have decided not to have people dress up but will have the DJ hand out things like fangs, boa`s, top hats and whatever else we can think of. When we come out of the church we have wedding sparklers instead of bubbles or rice. Our cake topper is a skeleton bride and groom sitting on a bench toasting their glasses and next to them is a headstone that says "love never dies". For your pumpkins they have a couple good sites that have great ideas: carvingpumpkins.com and pumpkinglow.com. We are also have candlebras on the table and also votives. My flowers are black magic roses and bacarra roses--two of the deepest rosed colors you can get without getting black (theres no such thing) but if you get fake ones thats a different story. Im getting the green around the flowers sprayed black and then having jewels to classy it up. We are also laying rose petals on the tables. Place cards are going to be made as black cats and I will use a silver pen. I have great handwriting but otherwise I would have someone do them. Instead of the boring guestbooks people sign we have one that has questions on it: such as predictions for the couple etc...you can find that at guestbookstore.com. It`s got other things on the paper but I don`t feel like listing everything. We are having the reception at a hall so I choose the food from them. Our wedding favors are going to be candy apples. Not the cheesy cocunut ones but the triple fudge with reeses and etc. They are yummy! It goes with the wedding theme and I feel people just throw away wedding favors anyways. Instead of table numbers we have decided to do romantic couples. An example: Jack and Sally table etc. If you or anyone has questions about a halloween wedding you can email me at cutejerzeegurl@aol.com. Or even any wedding ideas. Im pretty good with coming up with wedding ideas for people. Have a wicked wedding!
Posted by Mary; updated 07/15/07

Hello!

I don`t know where your wedding will be, but my partner and I run an entertainment company. We have lots of great Halloween characters, including a Tarot card reader, that could really liven things up. We also have performers who can take the kids off of your hands for a while. Let us know if you would have any interest in any of that, and have a great spooky wedding!

Kevin M.

Visit our page for more info: Kick! Productions

Posted by Kick! Production; updated 01/27/14