My Daughters Turning 13... HELP!!!

HELP!!! My daughter is turning 13 in July. I really need something different to do. For the last 4 years she has had sleepovers and the last 3 have included a pool party. She really wants to go to Water Country or Six Flags but it`s too expensive (for 4 kids and 2 adults) and to me too risky. WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO?????? She really wants something different and fun!!! Desperate for help, mom!
Posted by momD; updated 06/20/07

You could try having a hawiian theme in ur backyard and by some cheap decerations
You could maybe rent a inflatable moon bounce our somthing fun like that
Posted by hanna; updated 06/20/07

My daughter just turned 13 and we wanted to make it special....so - we rented a limo and arranged to have her friends picked up at their homes. They did NOT know they were getting picked up in a limo - the invite just said what time we were picking them up and told them to dress up nice.

The girls all ended up wearing their grade 6 grad dresses - was nice to have a use for them again and were TOTALLY and COMPLETELY in shock. We did not go with them in the car and this was really exciting for them. Once the last girl was picked up - the driver took them on a little tour and asked them where they`d like to go for photos - they chose the Cineplex because they hoped they`d run into more friends. The whole event was WELL photographed and is all over their Facebook accounts.

From there, they came to our place and my husband and I pulled out all the stops - we set our place up to look like a little French restaurant - complete with sign outside the door, customized drink menus and a "table d`hote" menu. My husband played waiter and I played chef and the kids had an ABSOLUTE blast. They felt pampered and special and we had a riot doing it. I served them some fancy "mocktails" and they felt very grown up - which is what turning 13 is all about, no?

After dinner they watched a movie and had a sleepover - we were all totally bagged!
Posted by Kelly; updated 07/13/07