Review Of Successful 13th House Party For Others To Use

My daughter celebrated her 13th Birthday at home. Our house isnt that big so I allowed her to invite 25 guests - both boys and girls.

We needed an ice breaker for when the guests arrived, so I filled 4 red balloons with confetti and inserted a `truth` card inside each one. The guests had to pass the balloon round the circle without using their hands and when the music stopped they had to burst the balloon and answer the truth card inside. It was age appropriate stuff like `Which teacher would you dance with at a school disco if you had to?`. I then did the same with green balloons but this time put `dares` in such as `Make up an impromptu rap about the person on your left`. The teens all loved this.

The next game was when we cut out some large pics of celeb faces from magazines and put each in an envelope. The chosen guest would have to go up to the front and peek in at their celeb. Then the others would have to ask questions about the celeb to find out who it was. Whoever guessed it would then have to go up.

I filled a huge tub with prizes that the kids could choose from such as sweatbands, earrings, sweets and keyrings.

I did traditional party food and for the cake ordered a massive cookie as I thought it would stretch further than a cake. While the kids were eating they came out in ones or twos to have their pics taken with the brthday girl at the `photo shoot` section. I had bought some `party people` cut outs and decorated around them with bows, material etc. They loved posing in front of the photo wall and the pics made a great souvenir for them to take home.

After the food it was time for some dancing so I turned on the flashing lights and left them to it for a bit (I was only next door in the kitchen).

At the end of the party it was time for the Awards. We had categories of ;
1) Best dancer at the party
2) Best dressed boy at the party
3) Best dressed girl at the party
4) Best hairstyle at the party
5) Most fanciable guest
6) Most entertaining guest

Each child that was a winner got a certificate we had made up on the internet and a plastic mini oscar trophy that i found cheap on Ebay.

The children took home a slice of cookie cake and their pictures. It was a great success and cost very little to do. Hope this helps someone out!
Posted by kattie; updated 06/19/07