August Wedding

I am getting married August 9th 2008 and am having a hard time deciding what wedding colors to use. I love pastels but I also love bright fushias and etc and have 1 dark haired bm and 2 blond bm.
Posted by Amber; updated 06/14/07

Do you have a theme? A movie, a look and feel, a story, a song that inspires you? It`s often a little easier (okay, a LOT) to start from a theme then to start with nothing more than colors. Colors are pretty abstract, but a theme ties closely to your personality, and your love story as a couple. What about where you went to college, or a place you traveled together and loved?

If you have a theme, it gets a lot easier to pick colors. And remember, a theme doesn`t have to be something really ... Obvious and showy. It can be personal and subtle.

Visit our page for more info: Wedding Favors by Favor Ideas

Posted by FavorIdeas; updated 06/28/07

Hi thanks for getting back to me. We are at this time going with a light butter yellow and a pink but I am not sure of light pink or bright pink. The theme is Summery Princess feel towards it.
Posted by Amber; updated 06/28/07

Those are gorgeous summer colors!

My feeling on the pinks: don`t get too caught up in choosing one shade of pink (or one shade of yellow, for that matter). If you use a variety of pinks: choose both brights and pastels in your bouquets, for example, or even use pink on pink stationery with a brighter border around a pastel background (just for example), the look will be more sophisticated and pleasing to the eye than if you stick to just one shade.

Visit our page for more info: Wedding Favors by Favor Ideas

Posted by FavorIdeas; updated 07/01/07

My wedding is August 30, 2008. My colors will be Gold and Ivory. I am having a very elegant wedding with a "CINDERELLA/FAIRYTALE" undertone. I am not going overboard with the theme because I don`t want to risk the ceremony and reception becoming too theatrical. A hott color in Texas is Coral.
Posted by Secred; updated 07/09/07