BAD SF/BAY AREA PHOTOGRAPHER

I recently had a very bad experience with a photographer that I thought others should be aware of.

After doing a TON of research online my Fiancee and I decided on 3 possible photographers for our wedding. I personally called all 3 of them to make sure they were available for our wedding date, which is VERY popular (7-7-07). All 3 said they were available. My fiancée and then discussed it and decided to go w/ Bella Photography. Since I had already set up a phone consultation for later in the afternoon (the SAME afternoon I had check to make sure they were available mind you), I called the other 2 and thanked them for their time, but we had decided to go with another company. They thanked me for that courtesy, as they had other clients interested in that date as well and were holding it for us.

Around 3 PM I recieveda voice mail from Bella, saying thank you for your interest, but we are fully booked. This greatly confused me as I had checked they were available only 4 hours previous. I then called in and asked to speak with a manager. I was told there were no managers there at that time and they took my information and promised the manager would call me back in the morning. Around 11:30 the following morning I did in fact receive a call form the SF/Bay Area manager. He infomed me that had been fully booked for almost 2 months for that date, and wanted to know who I talked with. I told him the name and he said that was a 3rd party company they have handeling their calls, BUT they are not supposed to give out any information, just take mine. I had had a 20 minute conversation with the woman who was supposed to not be giving information on their pricing, policies and of course availiblity. The gentleman I talked with apologized and sid he was going to “track it down” and call me back in “about an hour” and would also do his best to fix the situation.

I waited, and waited and waited. Finally 6 hours later I got a call back.

He verified that I was given misleading information. He admitted that the woman I spoke with originally had no authorization to give me the information she gave me. And unfourtuntly there was nothing neither he nor Bella could do right the situatation. He then wished me a good day!! Since I had already told the other 2 photographers we were going with another company they booked other clients.

So now because we trusted who we taked with on the phone, believed the information we were told, and trusted that she knew what she was talking about, my Finacee and I now have very few options for a wedding photographer.

I would caution anyone from going with BELLA PHOTOGRAPHY, as they are more interested in the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR the actually providing reliable, accurate and friendly service!!
Posted by KevinF; updated 04/05/07

I am sorry to hear that some photographer can`t get it together. My husband and I had that with our DJ for our wedding.
Are you still looking for a photographer that day? We are a husband and wife team and you deal with us from start to finish. We would be up to come up there to take pictures of your wedding day. Will not charge extra for traveling up to the Bay area. Www.frankelphotography.com (760) 402-2531

Visit our page for more info: Frankel Photography

Posted by Heather; updated 04/06/07