Photography HELP!!! Illinois

Hi all-

I am in desparate need of some photography advice. I swore I couldn`t cheese out on my photographer, but everything is WAAY more expensive than I thought. Some places ranged between $3-7,000!!! I did meet w/Fred Fox last night and they seemed alright. I`m SOOO into the black and whites, but they charge you so much extra for those. Any thoughts????
Posted by Jen; updated 03/05/03

Hi Jen,
They really shouldn`t charge extra for black and white. I do photography in LA and that is what I specialize in. The photographer really is where you want to spend your money, pictures and wedding rings will be your only tangiable reminders. You`re right, good professional packages are almost always over $3k but there are some bargains out there. Keep looking, search every website and ask everyone you can.
Good luck!
Krista
Posted by krista; updated 03/05/03

Hi there. I experienced the same when I first started searching for photographers. I couldn`t believe my eyes. I want the pictures to be nice, but to save about 2500 bucks I rather have a relative take them and then fancy them up myself, with computers now adays it makes it easier. I did find a professional who will work for $500 for the day, and the prints are very reasonably priced. I live in Cedar Rapids, IA so if you aren`t to far from Iowa (I am not sure where in Illinois you live). I can refer you to her. She is very nice and has about one year experience so she is eager to do weddings to get experience under her belt. You can email me at raidertaylor@msn.com if you want to know more!!

Jennifer
Posted by Jennifer; updated 03/05/03

Hi Jen, Where in Illinois do you live? I am currently planning my wedding & had the same problems. I may be able to help & pass on the photographers I found. Good Luck
Posted by Erin; updated 03/07/03

Jen....e-mail me at jmfm2000@aol.com I found a photogragher in addison,illinois. They are reasonable. We booked them a couple weeks ago. I tried posting for you but the Gods of the boards accused me of being a vendor which I am not. I thought that this is what these boards are for to share information. Last night I posted a web site where I found fall invitations and they removed that post also because again they thought I was a vendor.Man I wish I was that talented, I print invitations during the day and photograph all night long....Anyway if your still in need a reasonable photographer in the chicagoland area e-mail me.
Posted by Jemmy; updated 03/10/03