Help Me Please!!

Hey well i need some help planning my quincenera. Ok well i need some tips for everything from the recuerdos to what food to serve to where can i find a nice dress. Well we want to make our own recuerdos but i don`t know how and what to make! Yea well we aren`t exactly $$ and here, where i live(nebraska), the recuerdos are so expensive and i personally don`t think they`re that nice so i want to make it myself so its something really nice and the way i want it. Another thing is we don`t know what we should serve for la cena. See we were thinking a carne asada and beans and rice. Something good but and economical. I don`t think i want a theme but what i do want is have like a glow/club party look. We`re gonna buy glow necklaces to try to get the effect. My colors are going to be either gold/white or navy blue/white. Please post any websites where i could find some nice quincenera dresses. If you can give me any tips i would appreciate it greatly because truly i want my party to be memorable since you only turn 15 once and i want to really shine on my special day of when i get to celebrate my coming of womenhood.

Thanks a bunch!!
Posted by mariana; updated 02/28/03

Hmmm well thats something that everyone will like, which of course is a good thing. Well my quincenera is in august 2003 and my colors are either going to be gold/white or navy blue/white. Also, i saw un arreglo de copas that was white with a gold trim that i fell in love with cuz it was so pretty. I could get my dress to match that and about the recuerdos well im still empty on ideas.
Posted by mariana; updated 03/04/03

HEY WELL I FOUND A HELLA LOT OF VALSES ..
NOW ALL I GOTTA DO IS CHOOSE BUT ITS KINDA GONNA BE HARD...HERE WELL IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING ONE IMMA LIST EM SO U CAN LOOK 1 UP. KAYZ JUS SUM ADVICE...FOR MY QUINCE I KNOW IM NOT DOING TIEMPO DE VALS OR VALS DE LAS MARIPOSAS CUZ WELL THERE PLAYED AT ALMOST ALL QUINCES AND WELL THERE HELLA OLD AND THERE ARE A LOT OF OTHER VERY PRETTY VALSES...
HERES THE LIST OF SUM.
BALADA PARA ADELINA
LA ULTIMA MUNECA
MARCHA TRUINFAL DE AIDA
QUINCEANERA
EN BLANCO Y NEGRO
CUENTOS DE LOS BOSQUES DE VIENA---------------------DANUBIO AZUL
VALS DE 15 ANOS-ISMAEL GALLEGOS
VALS FASINCION-ANGELUS
QUINCEANERA(YO NO SE)-ILENA
MI NINA BONITA-BOBBY RIVAS
DE NINA A MUJER-JULIO IGLESIAS
VECES Y SIEMPRE
CENTRO DE MI CORAZON
Posted by mariana; updated 03/23/03

HEY GIRLS WHAZZUP? HEY MY QUINCEANERA IS IN 9 DAYS!!!!!!IM SOOO HAPPY! I ALMOST GOT EVERYTHING READY IM JUST PUTTING OFF THE FINISHING TOUCHES =) MY QUINCEANEARA IS AUGUST 30, 2003!! I DONT THINK IVE BEEN HAPPIER IN MY LIFE...I CANT EVEN WAIT...THESE 9 DAYS I KNOW ARE GONNA GO BY FAST AND IM JUST SO EXCITED! I HOPE IT TURNS OUT GOOD. YEA WELL WE HAVE EVERYTHING TAKEN CARE OF...FROM MY DRESS, CHAMBELANES, FOOD, SALON, GROUP, DJ, RECUERDOS, VIDEO, FOTOS, CHURCH, DISTINTIVOS, COPAS....EVERYTHING! K WELL ILL BE ON A DAY OR 2 BEFORE MY PARTY! WISH ME LUCK!!
Posted by mariana; updated 08/21/03

DAMN GIRLS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LUV YALLS! N YES I WILL SEND U GUYS PICS ASAP. THANKS AGAIN! YALLS MAKIN ME CRY! ALREADY! LOL
Posted by Mariana; updated 08/22/03

Mariana~~ i know ima cry 2 thanx that u gonna send me sum pix HOPE ITS WONDERFULL
Posted by KIM; updated 08/22/03

Hey gurl
Well for tha recuerdos i wanted to do something my self cause all the other recuerdos look cheap and every one allready has them i went to alot of doller stores i found theese preety candleros its like this wire stem then on the top it has a flower vase were you put the candle in then i added a candle ring it looks really preety just use your imgantion go to the doller stores and craft stores you find alot of neat things and you can get alot of ideas
Posted by PrincessYaherre; updated 08/22/03

THANX SO MUCH GURL FOR SENDING ME PICS. I`LL SEND YOU SOME OF MY PICS IF YOU WANT. HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS OF FUN. I KNOW YOU`RE GONNA CRY ON THAT DAY, BUT THEY`RE GONNA BE TEARS OF JOY. HAVE FUN!!!!
Posted by DIANA; updated 08/23/03

Hey, you can buy those magnet figurines of a Quince Anos girl. You can usually find them at the Quince anos websites, look up recuerdos and keepsakes, and should give you a whole list of webs to go into. It is only half of the top of the Quince Anos body, but you can make a pretty recuerdo from it. They come in a dozen for a really good price, then you buy the plastic champaign cups (You can use the long one or the short one, BUT DONT USE THE LITTLE ONES WITH THE WIDE CUP, They come out better with the long narrow cup or the shorter narrow plastic champaigne cup.Then turn the top part facing down, leaving the base of the cup off (you wont need this part, unless you can think of some recuerdo to make out of it. The top part of the campaing cup will now be facing down so you can add lace the the drinking part of it and make it into a dress of the color you are using. (You will use a fancy lace trim for this part. Then at the top, don`t add the base part of the plastic champainge cup, instead, use a ribbion of the same color to wrap the top part, then use the hot glue to glue the quince anos doll, and add a good size bow to the back. Then sit the project on top of a flat square or roung styrofoam and use the hot glue to glue it down. Then decorate the piece the doll is glued on with with lace or fancy trim.
Posted by Bernice; updated 02/07/04