Mikan-Recro

I hope this is the rite place. So far my search for my friend from mikan recro 1982 has hit so many dead ends, and you have given me a glimmer of positve hope. I am in search of a lady counsler from 1982 named jodie paul. We continued being freinds after camp and i guess you could say slightly moore then that.drifted apart after a couple of years, no hard feelings, then 1990 while i was engaged, jodie called me. I should`ve dumped that engagement and hightailed it back to jodie! jodies families last known address was e.88th street in brooklyn. I did investigate, and no supprise, no more. I was known at camp as rebel.
Posted by john matullo; updated 01/12/07

Hello there...Did Jodi have black curly hair?...Im trying to see if I can find anyone I went to camp with also..but no luck everyone on the web-siteis alot older then me.
Posted by Stefanie; updated 03/05/07

Actually jodie was a counseler, in 1982, she was 16, when I met her. She had long straight hair with, I guess you call them bangs, and somewhat on the heavy side. I would never, never say fat, more like husky, like this jersey boy felt safe in her presence in brooklyn, like she could take care of herself if she had to. She could run like lightning too! hey, thanks alot for responding. I really appreciate it.
Posted by john matullo; updated 03/06/07

Long straight dark brown, or black hair with bangs
Posted by john matullo; updated 03/06/07

I worked at Mikan Recro in 1985 & 1986. The name Jodi sounds familiar, but I sure do not have any contact with many people from that time. I am interetsted in talking to people that were there. If you want to email me, please do so at MerriZ@Comcast.net
Posted by MerriZ; updated 07/23/07

I only worked there in 1982, but jodie may have gone back a few more times. Thankyou for the response, although like maybe i did or did not mention, she may have changed her last name, (going with the last time i heard from her in 91, maybe more than once,) but i absolutely do remember, she lived on e.88th street in canarsie, brooklyn, n.y.c., n.y..
Posted by john matullo; updated 07/24/07

John, While I was looking for info on Mikan Recro, I came across this website. Maybe it will help. They have a mailing list too.

Good luck: http://www.mikanrecro.org/index.html
Posted by MerriZ; updated 07/24/07

John, I definitely remember her from 85. She was hanging out with a guy named Woody that worked at the camp also. Unfortunately I did not keep in touch with her at all. I found this website while searching for Mikan Recro. I hope it helps you find her.

Http://www.mikanrecro.org/index.html
Posted by MerriZ; updated 07/24/07

Thankyou very much darlin. Youve given me some more hope of trackin jodi(e) down. All icould do on that site was submit my name and address to the mailing list, however, unless i missed something, i sure could`nt figure out how to see the list except for the list fo doners, and she aint on that one. If you should come up with anthing else, great! i do however very much appreciate what you`ve done so far! thankyou !
Posted by john matullo; updated 07/25/07

I tried to do the same thing, find the mailing list. Maybe there is contact info on that website and you can have them mail or email the mailing list to you. Good luck in your search.
Posted by MerriZ; updated 07/25/07

Looking for anyone that worked the years 85 and 86 my name is Corey McLaughlin
Posted by Corey McLaughlin; updated 08/12/07

I remember Jodi. She was a Tom boy. But very pretty did she have braces?. My name is Stefanie I went to Mikan Recro for about 3 or 4 summers. Anyone out there?. Tracey Lafatta, Lori Sabin, Laura Brill, Yoda, Kyle Hornstein, Jen Weidenbaum, Nikki Weidenbaum..Just to name a few.. Lori Weinstien would love to chat!!
Posted by Stefanie; updated 10/31/07

Hello Lori This is Corey McLaughlin wow those names you mention really made me smile. If you want to chat more you can e-mail at example2learn@yahoo.com. Maybe we can connect the dots. Later
Posted by Corey McLaughlin; updated 10/31/07

Wow!

Google is an amazing place. Saw my name, well my Mikan Recro name and had to reply. Stephanie, whats your last name?
Posted by Yoda; updated 11/03/07

I went to mikan recro from 1977-1985 would love to find photes , I also remember jodie,yoda,woody(arts & crafts) and all the various names mentioned.U can contact me
Posted by shawn bryant; updated 05/11/08

Hi! My brother steven (Sticks) and I were just talking about the camp last night. How cool that others are too!I remember Yoda in name only. I was friends with a girl Tami who dated a guy named Peck. Any of this sound familar. Cindy & Sean Macgeedy????
Posted by Bobbie Colby; updated 07/04/08

I went to mikan-recro for 9 years as a camper and counsler. Yoda who can forget him!!! if anyone reads this that went to the camp with me or my brother marc go ahead and email me at swalstedter@yahoo.com
Posted by SCOTT WALSTEDTER; updated 07/24/08

I WAS A COUNSELOR AT MIKAN -RECRO FROM 1982-84, I REMEMBER JODI VERY WELL, WE WERE GOOD FRIENDS, REMEMBER YOU ALSO. UNFORTUNATELY , I`VE LOST TOUCH WITH SO MANY PEOPLE OVER THE YEARS. ANYONE REMEMBER A COUNSELOR NAMED BRUCE?
Posted by Donna M MAYNARD; updated 07/18/11

Wow, so glad to have found this site. John I have womderered about you often over the years and would love to hear how your doing. Hi Donna, those were "the good old days", hope your doing well. Hi Merri!! I certainly remember you hope your still "merri", always loved your name.So many people I would love to find, anyone know how to get an old staff list. Those were some of the best summers of my life. Happy, and crazy memories...
Posted by Jodee (Paul); updated 01/10/12

Wow, so glad to have found this site. John I have womderered about you often over the years and would love to hear how your doing. Hi Donna, those were "the good old days", hope your doing well. Hi Merri!! I certainly remember you hope your still "merri", always loved your name.So many people I would love to find, anyone know how to get an old staff list. Those were some of the best summers of my life. Happy, and crazy memories...

Hi John,
It has been a long time, hope your doing well. I have lived in Wisconsin for the past 16 years. Your discription of feeling safe with me on the the streets of Brooklyn made me laugh. Hope your well. Feel free to contact me at jodeeupnorth@yahoo.com
Take care,
Jodee