18th Birthday Of My Daughter

I need an inspirational message for my daughter`s 18th b-day
Posted by marlou; updated 01/10/07

I think writing an inspirational message is a great idea.
There are many milestones in a woman`s life and yet 18 seems to be the one that affects us as mothers more than our children. And because of that her 18th birthday must hold as much of a special meaning to you as it does to her.
I`m sure there are dozens of sites you can go on to find something already written, but nothing will mean as much as what comes from your heart.
Spend some time considering the following as part of your letter to her:

What were you like at 18? Your hopes, dreams, fears?
Is she like you were then? Do you wonder if she is? How is she different?

Describe your feelings when you discovered you were carrying her. Talk about the day she was born, the day she went to school, any other milestones good or bad that you got through together. Wanting her to never make any mistakes that would cause her pain or regret, but knowing she would and that they would only help her grow stronger.

What do you see as her strengths? Is she compassionate? Assertive? Funny? Serious?

I would probably end with how even though you will miss the little girl she was, you look forward to getting to know the woman she is becoming.

This can be done very effectively in a small 8x8 or 5x7 photo journal with pictures that have sentimental value to you and her. You can start the scrapbook with the letter or end it with the letter or even break it up by letting the photos tell the story and journaling one page at a time.

I just gave such a scrapbook to my sister and my niece for Christmas that had the whole family crying and laughing.
Posted by Terri; updated 01/16/07

Create an inspirational book! It would be so exciting to give her a whole coffee table style book, with photos, and stories of her life. We have a guide to storybooking on our website. Contact me and I can set up a publishing account for you.

Visit our page for more info: Heritage Makers, Preserving Your Joyful Memories

Posted by Lisa Klipfel; updated 01/21/07