Quinceneras

My sisters quincenera went well but now that i want mine my mom dosent really want to do it for me because of some money problems. I already have my godparents for half of the things i need so now i have no clue what i should do?
Posted by nancy; updated 02/06/03

Well my parents arent sure if Im gonna have one either. So i feel you. But what Im doing is that Im thinking of all the decorations and stuff for my quinceanera anywayz-hoping for the best. Start looking up the kinda stuff u want. But remember to keep ur feet on the ground. Remember that u may nnot have one. But also remember that u may have one!
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/08/03

Tell your mom that you only turn 15 one time in your life and it would mean so much to you. Plus have the cheapest stuff . It would help a lot.
Posted by Maria; updated 07/13/03

Maybe if you sit down with her and explain how you feel to her, and try to come up with a plan like you can make a lot of things cheaper than buying them, and basicaly show her that you did a lot of price shopping around maybe she will see how much you want one but that you are trying to be responsible as well.
Posted by A.L.A; updated 07/13/03

Hopefully u can talk to her and tell her something like this...but make sure it`s comeing from your heart, and not...you just wanna have a party:

"Mom, i undersatnd that a quinceanera can be expensive, but if you choose to give me a quince, i can only imagin how wonderful of an experience this would be for me, girls all over dream about stuff like this, i know i deserve that one night to be the princess not only in Gods eyes but in everyone else`s... Mama i`m growing up, and i couldn`t imagine any other way for you and dad to begin to see what a beautiful young woman i`ve become, this is a gift to me that i can never forget... Remeber u only turn fifteen once, and it`s sad to think i might not get this night of glory to share with everyone, mom you should be proud taht your daughter has so much respect for a Quinceanera compared to sweet sixteen, because theres other girls out there who doen`t want a Quinceanera, and maybe your forgetting or just don`t see it the way i do, i`m not asking for a party, i`m asking for a day to thank god for all these years i`ve lived and that he can watch over me forever, and guide me in what choices i plan to make with my life, and with the family i plan on having my self one day, i cant pass by this mom, i just can`t , we`ll find a way to pay for it, it doesn`t have to high quality it`s the experience that counts...
*~*the experience*~*"
Posted by *~*starshine*~*; updated 07/13/03

Well i am going through the same situation well the money problem and i really want one soo bad. So what i am doing is trying to look for things that are cute like the recuerdos, centerpieces, etc. And trying to see if somehow i can do it myself. Maybe you can look on the internet for things you liked and by yourself keep a list of all the items you like and how much you think they would be if you do it by yourself. Then show your mom and maybe when she sees that it might not turn out that much she might let you have one. Hope i helped email me at stardama06@yahoo.com and we can talk there about more ways you can have one.
Posted by damaris; updated 07/14/03

Dont worry you can still get godparents for everything and dont feel bad because im in the same thing as you and i feel bad and everybody is helping me out in my problem buy money thing are solved so that you can get your quince bye girl
Posted by stephanie nieves; updated 11/18/03

I feel yall cuz i was going through the same..my moms money is tight and she cant do it by herself.so we got my aunts in my madrina to help.at 1st i was in doubt.but i started looking for halls that arent to expensive and ima have my half sisters side of the family help with the recuerdos and table tops u know stuff like that!!!just pray for it its ur special day cuz i know i cant wait until my 16. Just thinkin bout it makes me happy
Posted by la morena; updated 11/18/03

Starshine: Quit telling people to be so selfish. This is a latin ritual, not a necessity! Life does go on even if you don`t have one. Geesh, you are missing the whole point of this celebration! I don`t think mom and dad love you any less if they honestly can`t find it in their budget to have a big show down.
Posted by Ana; updated 11/20/03

Well you should tell your mom if you can have a huge party or somthing like that also you can alwayz have a sweet 16... And whenn you read this e-mail me
Posted by Jovana Alonzo; updated 01/12/04

Aw! I feel for all of you my mom doesn`t want to either b/c moeny is tight so I came up with a solution! I told her that I will try to raise some money and if we could by things over time like one month the dresses and tuxedos the next month decorations etc. I figure it`ll be easyier considering my family is big and were mostly girls but I`m the 1st so my will be a pro by the time she gets to my sisters
Posted by janelle; updated 01/28/04

Girls girls girls you dont need a big party with 14 guys and 14 girls to dance with its suppose to be special but you dont need to send your parents to the poor house just because u think one day of your life needs to be huge keep it simple mine does not have alot of money for it but i`ve found ways to get it cheaper like i found my church has a room the perfect size for one and i found a d.j for 200 dollars for 5 hours and i`m not haveing a big coreographed dance either just a bunch of family and friends getting together to relax and have fun my dress is being made for me for only 100 dollars you all just need to talk to people to see if they know people that do music or dresses or flowers and for decorations well balloons are cheap and they colorfull so just have a room full of ballons also i`m paying for all of it because i really want it and if you all really wanted one you would get jobs and maybe your parents can pay for half or something just make it simple for them they have familys to support 2
Posted by jen; updated 02/13/04

Hey nacy I feel ya...but ur mom is not being fair...and its only a 1 in a lifetime moment that u will remember 4eva...and ur quincenera doesnt have 2 b the same as ur sis...my cuzin didnt have a dress...r u mexican? cuz i knw the dresses r big an expensive im from costa rica so my dress isnt gunna b that big or expensive...so its not about trying to b fancy...have fun...tell ur mom u`ll rember it 4ever,,,hope ur quincenera`s da best gurl...holla back l8er lol bye
Posted by jackie; updated 02/14/04

Tell all of your family to help. If you got a cousin that is a d.j tell him to d.j for your party. That helps alot. Like my dad he did not want to do me a 15 cause of the money but my family is pitching in.
Posted by joeanna; updated 02/19/04

What city do you live in? I might be able to help, with the help of some friends.

Visit our page for more info: Latin Image

Posted by Rig; updated 02/19/04

Ehem..just because u are mexican doesnt mean u have to have a big dress you can have one whatever size u want it it can be long and slim for all u care. I hope u have a quince and u dont need 14 damas and caballeros my cuz only had 3 and she got everything made and her damas were like some seven year olds so it looked cute having them circle around her and no u dont need a choreographer you can have family help out with the routine for mine while im dancing my cousins will twirl me around at the end and i will be left in a mini skirt. Get it!! well these are some of my ideas!
Posted by *{`the&only`}*; updated 02/20/04

Every girl who wants to have a quince should keep there heads up because haveing a quince is nothing easy. It`s allot of hard work, stressful times and of course money. But as long as you work hard your dream should come true.
Posted by Mireya; updated 03/20/04

Look my aunt had one two and ever since then I` ve always wanted one. If your grandparents already have half of the money, you can ask some other people to give you money like your aunts uncles close friends other relatives. They can be your padrinos or sponsers and they can help you pay for some of the things in a Quinmcenera. Well i hope you figure out your problem. And you can wrte back anytime.
Laterz Cindy
Posted by Cynthia; updated 04/21/04

My 15th birthday will be next year june29th 2005 and still haven`t done my con firmation is it too late or can i still do it? Also i need a liitle help on what i am supposed to be getting ready for, because it`s getting closer and time gose by fast. Please Help Me?
Posted by nicole varela; updated 07/07/04

I think that maybe you should just have a partie and that would be good enough i mean maybe your parents wasted to much money on your sister it`s gonna be cool cause i`m having one!
Posted by elizabeth; updated 07/17/04

Im gonna have my quincenera this november im excited but really nervous at the samt time so if u had something to help me calm my fears please tell me. Plus i dont want one cuz my moms a single parent and our moneys in a bind so i feel really bad i told her we needed to wait until february a big checks supposed to come in. I dont know well bye.
Posted by athena; updated 08/03/04