QUINCEANERA PROBLEMS

I really want a quinceanera. REALLY REALLY BAD. But Im like 99% sure that my parents arent gonna give me one because my dad said that i wasnt gonna have one. And I dont know why he is tripping since hes not even gonna be in it. The reason he is not gonna be in it is because he doesnt like to be in public so I want my uncle to do everything my dad is supposed to do. The reason I think my mom wont do it is because my dad already said NO. And i guess because of how expensive quinceaneras are. So I have NO idea what I am gonna do. I already have all my ideas of what I want. If u read the message "I want my quinceanera to be the bomb" u will see my ideas. I AM SOOOO DEPRESSED!!!
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/05/03

Maribel, Sit and talk to your parents and work something out. If they know how inportant it is to you they may give in some. You can compromise a lot on the party. The church service is very important. Make it more family friendly and don`t go for all the frills. You special day does not have to break the bank. First off go to a second hand dress shop for your dress. And it does not haveto be white. It could by light blue or pink. The traditional idea is that your whole family helps. Not just your parents paying for everything.
Plan your church service and just have a small family get together in the hall at the church. Don`t worry about the father daughter dance but do include him. He is your father. Later in life you will be thankful that you did.
Blessing on your day and good luck.
Posted by Victoria; updated 02/06/03

Thanx
But about including my dad- its not me that doesnt want him to be in it - ITS HIM. He is the one that is saying that hes not gonna go. And i know he is not. I told him one day- "i want u to be in it but i wont beg". But hes not gonna go. I KNOW IT. Like thats not even really an issue cuz i know that hes not gonna be there and that is why i get mad when he says that I cant have one. And i think that I should have one especially since Im his only daughter. I have three older bros no sisters.
Thanx for ur advice
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/06/03

Maribel, I feel sad for you. You sound like you really want a quinceanera. Maybe your parents don`t really have the money. Or maybe they`re afraid to host such a huge event. It also takes alot of money if you want a dinner, a dj, a band, the dance hall, the church, the decorations, your dress, your moms dress, your dads tuxedo. Are any of your brothers old enough that they maybe can help you with the planning and with the finances? What about tio`s? I think if you get adult family members involved, your Dad will agree.
Posted by Dora; updated 02/06/03

Thanx
My brothers are old enough and im sure that they will help me IF i have one. I do have alot of tios and tias but my parents dont really talk to their brothers and sisters -and thats the reason that i will feel weird asking them to be padrinos. They`re are two that I know will help me for sure.
With my brothers and those two relatives, I have 5 people helping me already - and I have like almost 20 other tios and tias. But like i said before my parents dont really associate with them.
So i dont really think that it is a money issue - eventhough he says that whenever i ask him. Because when i work this summer i`ll have almost 1500 or 2000 right there. So thats why I dont think that it is a money problem. AND I HAVE NO IDEA WAT THE PROBLEM IS. And i do try to talk to him about it but he always says that he doesnt want to talk about it.

Plus IF i have a quinceanera, im gonna buy alot of the things in Mexico, and everything in Mexico is way less expensive-so theres another reason that I know its not a money issue.

The only things that Im not gonna get in Mexico are like the decorations. And probably some other things.

Maribel, have you thought that maybe he doesn`t like the idea of his little girl growing up. And giving you a quince is like having to give in to that? Dad`s are weird sometimes but they never stop loving you. When will you be 15?
Posted by Dora; updated 02/07/03

Im gonna be 15 on April 19 2004. Im turning 14 this year. Im starting to talk to parents now rather than later. I talked to my mom and she seemed more agree able. My dad is soo not like that at all. But if he is that is still no excuse.
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/07/03

Talking to my mom, I am now like 60% sure that I am gonna have one.
Posted by Maribel; updated 02/08/03

Does n e body kno were i can find a videographer in stamford i really nedd one soon ma quincenera is in feb 28 does n e body got answers 4 me please help meeeeeewe
Posted by *LuCiTo*; updated 02/03/04