Fall Wedding Colors

I am getting married in the Fall, indoors, at the Lake. I have chosen Burgundy as the color for my girls dresses. I am having a hard time picking out another color, I am worried that white or cream will look like Christmas. Any ideas?
Posted by Mary; updated 02/05/03

Dear Mary:

Have you considered the following colors: silver, gold, hunter and emerald green, bronze, copper, rose pink, beige. If you have any more questions, or need more ideas or help planning your special day, please feel free to email me at Kimbero613@aol.com. I am always available and willing to help!
Posted by Kimberly Lehman; updated 02/05/03

Hi Mary;
Burgundy is a beautiful color in the fall. Gold, hunter green, and I like the ivory. Depending on what type of flowers you are going with, and decorations, you can have any color that you see in "Nature" in the Fall. We did a fall wedding last year, and her primary colors were deep blue to go with the Military Dress Uniform and everyone looked great. And we did use a little of the burgundy, and we used at the brides request, silk fall leaves that really made a beautiful backing for the bouquets.
If you have any more questions, Please feel free to e-mail me..
Posted by Sue Coffer; updated 02/05/03

Hi,
I am also considering getting married in the Fall (actually I guess it would be Autumn..Sept. 24, 04) I, too, am getting married on the lake (indoors). Hey, maybe it`s the same place! : ) Anyway, I have had the colors light purple and dusty pink w/ black picked out for over a year. BUT, the more I think about it, the more I don`t like the thought of those colors. I also wanted burgandy as one of my colors but what else...?? orange?? not hardly! So..I was looking at things and my b/friends b/stone is sapphire and mine is amethyst..what better way to have my "purple" and yet get Fall colors in there! I wasn`t sure on the "blue" because I had blue and yellow in my first wedding (it was in May) but I think I will add a touch of another color (?) and see how that works! Let me know what you decide! Good luck and God Bless Always!
Posted by connie; updated 10/10/03

Congratulations fall-brides. I just thought I`d offer a suggestion for you two to check out -- the color salmon. I went to a fall wedding two weeks ago and the bridesmaids were in a salmon color and they were gorgeous. Everyone, and I mean everyone, at the wedding were talking about what a fabulous color the dresses were.

Anyways, that`s just a suggestion. Congrats again and good luck with your upcoming weddings.
Posted by Kay; updated 10/10/03

Hi,
I had written the other day on the Fall colors. I just wanted to do a quick update. I have been doing alot of thinking on the amethyst and saphire colors but I found a color that I never thought of or thought I would consider until I actually saw it; and that is platinum. It isn`t "silver" like most people might think it is more toward a "gray" and by getting married at the lake you know their will be some "grayish" color either in the sky or the water (even though it is indoors). I am in the process of seeing how I can put the amethyst in there and add a touch of sapphire : ) good luck! Connie
Posted by connie; updated 10/14/03

Wow, Connie, that`s really close to what I was considering for my wedding.

We`re getting married in October, and I was thinking of Sapphire, Diamond and Platinum, as sort of a tribute to my beautiful engagement ring =) I`m not positive yet, though. Let me know what you all think.
Posted by Jennifer; updated 10/21/03

I am also getting married in the fall and our colors are burgendy and silver, they are a wonderful match, as long as ur happy with what u dream of the results being, its all good :)
Posted by jacilynn; updated 10/21/03

Dear Jennifer,
Sorry for the long delay in responding but I`m limited to when I use the computer (mine is broken at home.) Anyway, that is so ironic that you mention the "symbolizing" that is where I was headed! I thought of the amethyst and saphire because purple is my fav. Color (it`s also beautiful in the Fall), amethyst is my fiance`s b/stone (goes with the water and all) and then the platinum (I`ve always loved this) and it looks so pretty with the other colors. The Ivory simply because that is probably what I will wear and it will off-set the darker colors. I think you have a great thing going there and the symbolization of the ring..ahhh that is awesome!!! Best of luck to you and let me know how it is going. Oh, and I could use advice on what colors my girls (they are honour atendants along with my best friend) and my fiance`s little girl should wear..think I have it mostly figured out but would like some input! Thanks and Congratulations!!!
Posted by Connie; updated 10/22/03

I am getting married in a couple weeks. I am having a fall theme. I`m wearing Ivory. My maids are wearing shimmering leaf...it is a bronz or iridescient brown. It is hard to explain but is beautiful. The tuxes are black, the vests are black with gold embroidery and the ties (not bow) are gold. So all my assessories are Ivory (NO White, no pumpkins) and gold. My flowers are fall colors with rusts, oranges, golds and yellows with oak leaves as filler. My centerpieces are fall flowers with gold ribbon accents and silk fall leaves will be placed around them on the tables. My flower girl is dropping silk fall leaves in church. It is all coming together now and I am so excited. Good luck planning yours!
Posted by AliceB; updated 10/22/03

I`m sorry I got off on my own thing....I am so excited it is almost here after all that planning! But the point I was going to make was that I think that Burgandy, and gold would be awesome.....and then ivory for your accents. I found an ivory guestbook, pen, flowergirl basket and ring pillow with gold embroidery on them, they are different than anything I had seen and are beautiful.I didn`t want the pumpkin harvest type theme, I just wanted fall colors and it to be elegant! Go Burgandy and Gold! LOL ....good luck with what ever you decide!
Posted by Bethy; updated 10/22/03

Hey Ladies,
Back again! Last night was so funny! My best gal friend and I (who is one of my attendants) decided it would be fun to "look" at dresses (afterall the wedding is a whole year away!) Imagine my surprise when the lady at the store told me I was looking exactly at the right time! I guess the reality sunk in at that point and I started getting soo nervous! LOL Anyway, I told her the colors I liked which were the amethyst, saphire, platinum and ivory and she thought that was great! Trouble being, it`s very hard to find "saphire" and/or amethyst (Plum comes very close though.) But then I was told that some of the styles I liked didn`t come available in the colors I was thinking..SO...I am going to have to decide on the girls wearing all the same (and of course they each have their fav colors and I thought it was GREAT because none of them wanted the same one!!!LOL) or I`m going to have to figure something different..need advice PLEASE! I really want these colors (there will be 3 attendants, the flowergirl and myself)..suggestions can be placed here or at photoladyinok@yahoo.com thanks in advance!!!!
Posted by connie; updated 10/23/03

I am getting married fall of 2004 and my color is crimsom ( a very rich red). Because that color is so rich, I am going to let it stand alone. In regards to the burgandy issue, I think a bronze or copper would add to the warmth of the color and the season. I would like to ask if anyone has creative ideas on handmade invitations or decorations that use fall leaves.
Posted by Tonia; updated 11/01/03

I to am getting married in the fall indoors at the round barn on route 66 in oklahoma.

I was gonna have my colors wine or burgandy and some shade of green. I k now that burgandy and hunter green is kind of traditional color to have but they go well together and the two mixed are very beautiful if you add some shades of white or cream two them.. Maybe some cream color roses. Or white babys breath.
Posted by April; updated 11/14/03

My wedding is Oct04 and we chose our colors by walking in the park. Sounds weird, but it worked. We just looked at all the leaves and picked the ones that we loved...we have a deep red, burnt orange, yellow, and will accent it with a bronze color. Just look around you...
Posted by Kimberly; updated 11/20/03

For fall wedding colors Im doing more of a christmas touch but im also choosing some fall colors to off set the christmas look and kind of make it a fall/winter style.. With burgandyI have seen a wonderful bouquet of flowers and the main colors were the use of burgandy and Silver ......... Or if you like pink, a pretty salmon or a dull but pretty pink would look wonderful with burgandy. If you like blue a rich navy blue or royal blue would also look nice. I do love your idea of Cream and Burgandy.. Beautiful colors..

Hope I could help on the colors if you have any more questions email me at aprilg1980@yahoo.com
Posted by April; updated 11/20/03

I am having a fall wedding also in October of 2004. I have decided to go with either wine or champagne color dresses for the bridesmaids. I am wearing an ivory dress with champagne in it so we decided to also go with ivory table linens, backdrops, and chair covers. For the tables we are doing different colored linen napkins in a dark olive green, terra cotta, and like a rusty gold color. For the centerpieces we are using 12" square mirrors with a candle holder with a leaf floating candle and silk colored flowers scattered down the tables with a couple of votive candle holders. We are also doing arches in the doorway when you enter the reception with clear lights and leaf garland wrapped around them they are very gorgeous. Another idea too that we are doing is spray painting clay pots and we are going to cut down branches and put them in the pots so they are like trees and we are going to put clear lights throughout them. We are also doing a buttercream cake with leaves falling down the whole cake and on the table with little votives around the whole cake.For flowers we are doing all different fall colors that we have incorporated into the wedding. And for the flower girls for something different they will have just small brown wicker baskets and will drop fall leaves down the isle. As for invitations we are doing an olive green, rusty gold and a terra cotta color with an ivory vellum overlay on them, and putting them in ivory envelopes. We are making our own but we still havent figured out how to design them yet. I hope i gave some of yous doing fall weddings some good ideas that you could use
Posted by Heather; updated 01/11/04

I am having a fall wedding also in October of 2004. I have decided to go with either wine or champagne color dresses for the bridesmaids. I am wearing an ivory dress with champagne in it so we decided to also go with ivory table linens, backdrops, and chair covers. For the tables we are doing different colored linen napkins in a dark olive green, terra cotta, and like a rusty gold color. For the centerpieces we are using 12" square mirrors with a candle holder with a leaf floating candle and silk leaves scattered down the tables with a couple of votive candle holders. We are also doing arches in the doorway when you enter the reception with clear lights and leaf garland wrapped around them they are very gorgeous. Another idea too that we are doing is spray painting clay pots and we are going to cut down branches and put them in the pots so they are like trees and we are going to put clear lights throughout them. We are also doing a buttercream cake with leaves falling down the whole cake and on the table with little votives around the whole cake.For flowers we are doing all different fall colors that we have incorporated into the wedding. And for the flower girls for something different they will have just small brown wicker baskets and will drop fall leaves down the isle. As for invitations we are doing an olive green, rusty gold and a terra cotta color with an ivory vellum overlay on them, and putting them in ivory envelopes. We are making our own but we still havent figured out how to design them yet. I hope i gave some of yous doing fall weddings some good ideas that you could use
Posted by Heather; updated 01/11/04

My last wedding colors were Burgandy and Navy with ivory touches, my dress was ivory. It was very pretty.
Posted by Shelley Ann; updated 01/12/04

I think champagne would be really pretty with burgundy. I don`t think it would resemble Christmas at all. Good luck!!!

Plum is also a very pretty color for fall......
Posted by Adrianne; updated 01/12/04

I am also having a fall wedding, and the colors i like are burgundy and chocolate. You would think that chocolate would not be a pretty wedding color but for a fall wedding i think they are perfect. I know alot of people who don`t really like the chocolate color but think the two look good together.
Posted by Jessica; updated 01/22/04