14th Birthday Ideas!!

Hi, i`m having my 14th birthday in a few weeks, and I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO!!!ahhhh!!! for the past few years i have been doing movie marathons which are great, but i don`t wanna do it again. I would like to make my party a sleepover, but it cant be too expesnive (i.e. No hotels). And if we could not involve make-up or painting nails because we`re not girly-girls, but not tom-boys either. Also, i want this to be a party where i can take lots of pictures. So if you have any ideas (even if they dont match all my requests!) let me know, because i am open to anything and everything. Thank-you so much in advance!
Posted by kaitlin; updated 09/17/06

I have the same problem. So i decided maybe a costume/themed party. The guest would come in theis own costumes so you dont pay for that and just puy some food and drinks, rent a movie and have fun. Trust me your guest will be talking and having a blast!
Posted by chloe; updated 04/27/07

My daughter will be turning 14 in a August and we really want to have a great party for her this year. We are in search of great party ideas!! Here are some ideas that I have come up with so far. I hope they give you some inspiration!! Mom, daughter, & friends vacation to the beach, rent a limo and do dinner & a movie/play, a pottery place where you can paint ceramics to take home, a cooking class such as Chef`s Academy, a murder mystery party - it`s like the game "Clue," or you can do the red carpet event - have family members be the photographers, actually set out the red carpet, have everyone dress to impress (you can actually try to set this up outside of a restaurant if they allow it!). Pick your favorite movie/book and have everyone dress a part/character. My last idea would be to have some sort of charity fundraiser - try to raise money for a cause rather than gifts for yourself. That`s all I have so far. Let me know of any more ideas you may have. Thanks, Dawn
Posted by Dawn; updated 07/01/07

I love the "red carpet" idea! OMG! My daughter is turning 14 in Nov. And I know all her friends would love something like this!! I also love the idea of a fundraiser for a local soup kitchen or something! Great ideas!
Posted by Holly; updated 07/08/07

Hey im kallie and if you want a party withsome guy friends too, try a football party/tailgate party. I did that a few years ago and i had a big turn out. D everyone loved it but if you wanna leave the guys behind, how about a girls night out. We went out to eat, shoppin and went to a movie. And the girls spent the night. But thats all i got if i think of any more ill tell ya about them. :)
Posted by kallie; updated 07/12/08

Hya you could have a mini photo shoot get your closest girls together get your mum to be the photographer and strike a couple of poses the using the nice but cheap photo frames print the pics of you comp and give each one of you friends that came one with one of the photo frames when you have doen this order a pizza or sumthin and settle down and watch a dvd
Posted by Dannii; updated 07/23/08

Hello, im turning 13 soon, and dunno what to do for my birthday, im quite old for my age, here are some idears i come up with;#
-sleepover, invite like 5-7 mates & stay up all night, eat junk food, watch chick flicks(house bunny` mean girls`ect..), gossip, play twister(always halarious), dares is always great, internet(but dont let it take over your sleepover), dancee, ALSO, a fun extra to your sleepover is to set a theme, maby hawihai or hollywood. AND somethink to make it a birthday to rember; add a glow disco, it soulds expencive but all you have to do is turn off you light by LOTS of glowsticks, and other things heres a website to give you some idears http://www.keepitrealclubwear.co.uk/clubbing-accessoriesglow-sticks-163-c.asp, and turn up the dancemusic and dance the night away; (best results are at night when its dark).
-cinimar; or if theres no good movies at the cinimar, just rent some movies out and have a lazy day with your mates.(popcorn and gossip can add more fun).
-hire out a beautision; get a few of your friends and get the total relaxation package. (:

Theres tuns more of things, hope this helps. :)#.
Posted by shannonbaby.#(:; updated 10/11/09

Hey im turning 14 too and i hav no idea what to do...I am kinda a preppy girly girl who loves to dance skateboard cheer chill wit da guys and stuff. Like i wanted to hav a all nighter. We would hav a dance off and yah. Hav a skate board compittion. We would have a whip cream thing were like we put whip cream on a plate use no hands and try to get the gum under the whip cream and blow a bubble its fun lol. Ummm hav a theme of watever yu like. If yur like a normal gurl like not girly or tom boyish then do wat ever thro somethin crazy lol
Posted by Marie; updated 12/04/09

Hai, i read your message. I think you can celebrate your 14th birthday in your house with your parents and your friends and your relatives.
Posted by sruthi; updated 05/10/10

Ok , so for my 14th birthday party i am thinking of doing something outdoors considering that my birthday is in august. I am probabaly gonna have my party at my aunts house because she has a huge backyard. We are gonna pitch tents, have a bonfire, play volleyball and do out door stuff. Hope this helps.
Posted by Danielle; updated 06/02/10

Hello,

How about a "mocktail" party? My company offers Bartenders for private events, but I also specialize in "mocktail" parties for kids. We could come up with ton`s of really cool drink recipe`s and I am sure they will have fun.

Hope this helps!

Visit our page for more info: Miami Bartenders R Us

Posted by Denise Johnson; updated 06/02/10

Some stuff that my 14 year old friends have done for there birthday is have a party at there house with a DJ so people can dance have some chairs so people can sit and also have a large buffet ( depending on the amount of people) and of course the cake for everyone sing happy birthday. Boys and girls are invited to the party!
Posted by Alyssa; updated 08/01/11

Go to a camp site , camp in tents and roast marshmallows on the fire.... Invite boys or just girls... But you will have to have an adult but it would be fun!!! :D
Posted by Rochelle; updated 01/15/12

Hey im Amy and it my 14th birthday this year and im gonna have a glow party so me and my friends are gonna dress up and go bowling then go to pizza hut then go bak to mine and watch movies and muck about and im gonna buy loads of glow in the dark stuff like spiders and bracelets and sticks and tu tus just cheap ones from the pound shop (spiders coz my birthday is the day before halloween) and sleep in my den in the garage!
Posted by Amy; updated 08/28/12

Im turning 14 and if you have a large family, you should invite your cousins to a sleepover on the weekend or something. Watch a marathon of scary movies & chick flicks or something and load up on junk food and make prank calls (I did it to my crush!) If you only invite family,you won`t have to worry if you have the worst party ever,cause their family and won`t squeak,and your parents won`t have to worry about people they don`t know who`s parents are.Trust me, it works every time.(This year, my mom`s hiring a D-JAY !WHEEEE!) Try baking. I do it every other year and still makes a fun mess.

Good luck!
Posted by Maddie<; updated 04/30/13

Hey,
I`m turning 14 this month and a cool idea i found is foot volley ball. You take a beach ball, and have someone stand up and serve it like a normal volley ball. Then everyone lays on their backs and you hit it back to the other side with your feet only... NO HANDS!!! even if we fail, we all will be laughing so hard! XD
Posted by Megan; updated 05/09/13

I had a sleepover party and my mum bought the same pjs for everyone from a cheep store like primark and that was great for photos , played board games , wii console && Ordered pizza :).
Posted by jenny; updated 07/09/13

You can have a celebrity party like people dress up as there favorite celebrity and you have like photography and you can have lots of pics
Posted by Tehjara; updated 07/28/14

Hi so what I`m doin for my birthday is having my best friend spend the night Friday and Saturday, and we`re going to get pedicures Saturday and to the mall that day to do some stuff and get lunch, then that evening we`re gonna hang out and I`ll also have some family over for cake and icecream , hope this helps
Posted by K; updated 02/23/16