50th Birthday

Hello,

My mom will be turning 50 in December and I wanted to throw her a party that she will always remember.

But I have to stay in by budget any suggestions? I live in Florida but the party will be held in Brooklyn, NYC.

Thanks in advance
Posted by Ms. McCormack; updated 09/11/06

Ms. McCormick,
No matter where the party is held, a roast in her honor is a wonderful & memorable way to celebrate 50 years. Make her a special guest of honor chair at a special table. Put photos of friends and family on each table, keeping them in small groupings as a centerpiece, perhaps around a bouquet of her favorite flowers.

Line up a list of guests in advance; family, close friends, co-workers...anyone who knows her well & doesn`t mind taking the time to write a little monologue and talking about her (in a nice way, funny way, serious way, just not insulting!). Believe me, once the first two or three people get up everyone will be laughing and having a great time! Last but not least have her get up and say a few words too!

Create a small paper program that talks about the highlights of her life with a timeline in it of the very important accomplishments.

Play her favorite music, serve her favorite foods and decorate with her favorite colors and you can`t go wrong. OH! And don`t forget to video tape the "roast!"
What she`ll remember is the love that surrounded her that night!
Posted by Terri; updated 09/23/06