Wedding Reception games

I am getting married in April of 2006 and I am trying to get a few ideas. I would really appreciate it if anyone had ideas for games, if that`s what you want to call them. It don`t really matter if they are g-rated, I will read all ideas and possibly use them.

Thank You Very Much!!
Posted by Melissa; updated 09/11/06

The bride and groom can write something about themselves, and pin on the back of the groom. They then face the audience so no one can see what was written. Everyone is given a pen and paper. They have to guess what the couple wrote about themselves.
For a prize they could take home a bouquet.
Posted by Bev; updated 09/11/06

There isn`t a game that you buy...I actually went to Staples and found business cards that were 2.5" x 3.5" and pre-perforated...I ran them through my PC to print the names, using the template you can download from Avery. Then buy a load of cheap BIC pens in different colors...it`s pretty simple! One thing to watch out for...make sure people draw on the side where the person`s name is, otherwise you won`t know who was drawn when you put them onto a collage!
Posted by Pete; updated 02/02/07

You don`t need wedding games....... What you need is to have a D.J. That will get the party jumping...... You have to break up the time at the party so you`ll need a program and in the program you can have listed what you want to do..... Bouquet toss, garter toss, cake cutting , 1st dance with who ever, and different line dance. Limbo, bus stop, electric slide, the charlie brown, soul train line, Saturday night fever line dance, pin money on the bride and have a dance with her, you can have a slide show during dinner with soft music, so use your imagination.........
Posted by Evette Zayas; updated 02/06/07

We are getting married in January of 2008, and I`m looking for fun games to play at our reception and have found some great ideas on here! I recently went to a wedding where they DJ played dance music and the guests would pin money on the bride`s dress and the groom`s tux! the Dj announced it as buy this couple their first dinner or first tank of gas! and if you only have change stick it in the groom`s pocket! they ended up getting like $500!
Posted by Rachael; updated 07/01/07

We`re getting married on 28th this month, and we have this funny balloon game: write 15 promises on a piece of paper and put them inside a balloon. Promises should be humorous, then place the balloons on a floor and the married couple have to break them without using their hands. Bestman counts how many papers both get and then they read the promises to each other. Promise can be like: I promise to give you a long French kiss every time we`re in a supermarket. Or something funnier...
Sorry about the bad language, last time I wrote in English was about three years ago... Really don`t need to use that much English in Finland!
Posted by Anna; updated 07/08/07

Getting Married July 26 2008 !! anyone have any other ideas for Reception games ? was thinking of doing a game where instead of the bride and groom kissing everytime someone clinks their glasses .if a guest wants the bride and groom to kiss they have to stand up and sing a part of a song that has the word love in it !! any thoughts ?
Posted by Amy; updated 07/10/07

Here is a fun game... That pays off in a big way.

Anyway the bridesmaids kidnap the bride (basically they say they will be right back with a suprise for the groom) and they walk out with the bride. Then a ransom video isbrought in for the groom... The bride is handcuffed and behind bars. (They used a projector, but tv will probably work just fine)

In the video the bridesmaids state that the only way to get her out is to pay a ransom for her... At the wedding i was at it was a pretty big ransom $2,000... Then the groom is sent begging for money from people... Pleading how much he loves her and can`t live without her so please help...

Really funny and a great way to pay for part of the honey moon!
Posted by Lucky; updated 08/07/07

My Fiancee went to wedding and the game this couple had was a Q&A session between the bride and groom....the catch was that they had to stand back to back and in one hand hold a rose. The questions went like this: "Once you get married you may buy a new car. Who gets to decide what car it is?" If the bride thought it was her she would hold up the rose and if the groom thought it was him he would hold up his bare hand....and vice versa. The other two questions that I remember had to deal with packing for a trip together and who gets to hold the remote when they watch TV. It made for some pretty good/funny answer from the each of them. The couple answers at the same time and can`t see eachother`s answers....funny
Posted by Casey; updated 08/12/07

I am getting married in two weeks, April 18,2009 i came out with a great way to have fun and laughter i bought 2 crown for well queen and king crown, and who ever catch the garner and the bouquet gets it and they have to imitate our first dance, that way no will ever forget our song or dance, it clean and simple
Posted by sandra; updated 04/06/09

Here is a game that I play for my brides and grooms. I always ask the groom if he is a confident person. About 30 minutes into the reception, I once again ask the groom the same question and then I have him sit in a chair. Then I ask this very simple question: "Do you know your brides kiss. He usually answers yes. I then ask if he would know it blindfolded. I put the blind fold on when I ask the question. I have all the bridesmaids and bride give him a kiss on the cheek. I have it preset that his new father-in-law nelt in front of him. I then ask him to guess the number of his bride. He gives the number and when I pull the blindfold off, his father-in-law is right there puckered up. It is awesome and a great photo opportunity for your photographer.
Posted by TIm Brown; updated 10/23/10