30th Birthday Ideas

My husband`s 30th birthday lies on Friday the 13th, October 2006. It is going to be a surprise party and the theme is a over the hill halloween type theme where people will be in costume. I am having it at a hall with a dj/karaoke with a cash bar. I am not charging for people to get in as it is a birthday party (i know some halloween parties i`ve been to charge $$).

However, the costs for food, decorations, dj, and the hall is going to cost a good deal of money (dj -$600, hall - $200, etc.) and I would like to have some raffles and games to help pay for some of my costs and if anything is left over, give to my husband as a gift. My mom said I could do some raffles (some beer, bottle of liquor, some cute birdhouses, gift certificates, etc.) She also told me to put a lot of things in a jar and have someone guess how many for like $1. The person wins that jar and some cash too. I also got an idea offline about a jail room. People pay $1 per minute to stick whomever they want in jail!

My husband`s friends are brazilian and love to drink and dance and have fun. If you know brazilians, then you know what i am talking about.

I was wondering if anyone else can give me any suggestions as to what i can do!

Thanks a bunches
Posted by corey; updated 08/29/06