Wedding Photographer & Videographer Needed

We are getting married on 9/22/06 and still need a good wedding photographer at a reasonable price. I already booked a photographer friend that was going to do the wedding for me wholesale for $400 (I supply as many rolls of film as I wish and he hands me the film to get developed at my friend`s lab. However, she has an emergency and cannot make it, so I am once again looking for a photographer.

The ideal candidate will have good cameras (must have an equivalent backup), an assistan, must shoot either digital or 2 1/4" film and have at least a few years shooting weddings. It would be great if you did traditional and some photojournalistic shots too. Must be professional and dress as such, be personable with bridal party and guests.

==========================================
I used to run my own wedding video company so I am going to be critcal when choosing a video guy. I will do all of the editing, so I just need a good camera man that will hand the tapes over to me at the end of the night. Must shoot with a 3 chip DV or miniDV camera and backup camera. We dont want table interviews but you must have a wireless mic for the church, and you must have a tripod for the church and part of the reception. I do not want to look at a long 10 minute shot and see a shaky camera or much, if any, zooming. I dont want anything fancy or crazy. I want a stable, focused, framed picture most of the time. I have a few videographer guests who will get the real crazy shots on the dance floor and all that.

When I used to tape weddings, I always stay til the last dance (which usually was, coincidentally, Last Dance) because most of the best stuff happens at the end when everyone is really loaded. I expect the same from someone else. I dont want anyone that is going to bolt for the door as soon as the cake is cut. The last time I did a shoot for someone else back in 2000, I did it for $300 for the day. I am not sure what the current rate is.

It would be ideal if Photographer and Video have worked together before so no one gets in the other`s way. I am not looking for the cheapest guys in town. I am looking for quality work. I cannot possible hire any $3000 - $4000 photographers.
Posted by Tony; updated 08/15/06

Hi. I have a startup videography company but we have over four years in filming and editing. We shoot one three chip and one 24p camera. We also would be willing to travel for our clients. Thank you for your time

Sincerely,
Leo
Posted by Leo; updated 09/03/06

I am in the atlanta ga area and would be willing to do your photography. I am trying to increase my portfolio although i have been taking pictures for almost 5 years now. I shoot with the digital camera nikon d50 with extra flash and extra lenses. I would create a cd for you with all the pictures of the event (5 hours) for the $400 you already planned for. Let me know if i can be of assistance.
Stephanie
Posted by stephanie; updated 09/05/06