CHOCOLATE AND TIFFANY BLUE-WEDDING THEME

My wedding date is on May 27, 2007 and I came up with the colors chocolate and blue for my wedding. However, I`m having a hard time finding ideas that consist of that color combination...does anyone know of any websites that might help me get great ideas on decorations and favors??? thank you!!!
Posted by AMY; updated 08/14/06

Whew! That is probably the hardest color combination of all time! The reason is ... That how many flowers are blue and how many are chocolate?

There are a few in blue. Chocolate ... In living materials ... I can`t think of any. Now it might work if you added a third color to it and concentrated on that for the flower color and used your blue to coordinate and chocolate for ribbon.

And then carry your chocolate for your favors with the tricolor combination or bicolor combination.

Thank you for your inquiry,
Nancy Plomaritis

Visit our page for more info: Wedding Flowers Gallery

Posted by Nancy Plomaritis; updated 08/15/06

I would love to help and I custom design all of my items so we can work with your colors and ideas to create just what you are looking for.

Unique Centerpieces and Favors!

You may see some of my work at www.cmbcrafts.com !

Email me anytime - always happy to help!

Connie

Visit our page for more info: Uniquely Yours Wedding & Party Design

Posted by Connie; updated 08/15/06

My sister-in-law is using the same colors for her wedding in September 2007. I have done a lot of research for her and it`s really not that hard to blend those color choices. There are several brown flowers. The chocolate cosmos, hot chocolate calla lily and the chocolate cymbidium. Kabloom florists can color any white flower "tiffany blue". Do a google search for wedding favors. There are so many options for you to choose from. I hope this information helps you!!
Posted by Felecia; updated 09/08/06

If you need help in a cheap way i can help i am a proffessional wedding planner and i have all kinds of ideas, brown table clothes with smaller blue ones on top of them with blue and brown candles as you center piece. I have millions of ideas email me and i can help you @ yme73703@yahoo.com
Posted by Rebecca; updated 09/10/06

I am currently doing flowers for a blue and brown wedding. This should be relatively easy in May as there are blue scalia, lilac, Hyacinths. Think dark burgundy/Blacks in addition to brown (calla/black magic roses). Although Chocolate Cosmos might not be available there are lovely Chocolate Geranium leves with brown and green leaves, grasses and pods can be used to bring in brown color and fern heads all curled can look lovely. Add some lighter colors like green and white to break up the color. There are also sandy colored roses like Sahara...
Posted by tish; updated 09/26/06

Hey girls, I am in Panama and I am too using the "hottest color" for 2007! Chocolate and Tiff. Blue.
I am working with a rather "mother style" coordinator over here, and last night we brainstormed a lot and came out with something...PAINT THE ROOM BLUE. By this I mean, use lighting to create a blue effect, such as those you see in the bridal magazines with reds and pinks...seen in Brides and The Knot. Very NYC style. So we are using the T.B. Linings and tonning them down with brown sheer lace cloths. Also use Tiffany Chairs in brown to then ad a touch of T. Blue. For flowers use off white.
Posted by Wally; updated 01/30/07

I am too planning a chocolate and tiffany blue wedding the end of summer. What options have you found for the tux? Are the men wearing brown? I see that your wedding is in late spring. Are they wearing a dark or light brown. Mine is in late July. Interested in how you are approaching this.
Posted by Angela; updated 05/03/07

Amy,

I was reading about how your groomsmen are going to wear chocolate and black. I am trying to plan a wedding and I am using chocolate and pink. I too like the chocolate vests and the black tux. I am a little concerned that I have chosen too many colors. If the groomsmen wear brown and black, I wear pink and white, the groom wears black and pink, and my girls wear brown with pink flowers, do you think that this is too much??? i am having such a hard time deciding. You are the only message that I have read who has not suggessted brown tuxes. I do not like that idea so any help would be nice!!
Posted by Lindsey; updated 05/30/07

Hi Lindsey,

I don`t think it`s too much. I`m sure when it`s all set it will look beautiful! Pink and chocolate initially were my wedding colors until my husband put in his critique on it. My husband`s groomsmen weren`t too crazy of the idea of wearing CHOCOLATE vests with BLACK tuxedos, but they ended up liking the color combination and felt it was a good idea all along. Send me your email address and I can send you a picture if you`d like.
Posted by Amy; updated 06/15/07

I am getting married April 2008, and love the pink/brown color scheme, however is the brown too much for a spring wedding? I was thinking of pink dresses with brown sashes or accents in the flowers. For the reception, doing pink table linens with brown accents. Any thoughts? This is tough for me as I am one of those rare color blind women. I have also thought of using platinum. Any thoughts on that?
Posted by Amy; updated 06/21/07

My wedding will be Aqua/Chocolate (May `08). The bridesmaids dresses will be David`s Bridal "Oasis". My dress will be a light chocolate/truffle color with white in flowers, veil, shoes etc. And brown freshwater pearl jewelry/beading on dress. Tuxes will be black with white shirts, the groom`s tie/vest will be Men`s Wearhouse "Oasis" and he groomsmen`s tie/vests will be "Truffle". Kind of criss-cross. :) Still trying to figure out what to do about boutonnieres and bouquets! Going to keep on looking around, I may just go with cream colors.
Posted by Carol; updated 03/19/08

Woops, change the "Oasis" on the bridesmaids dresses to "Pool"
Sorry, brainfart.
Posted by Carol; updated 04/16/08

Do you happen to have any pics from your wedding (with the "Pool" colored dresses?) I`m helping a friend and that is the color of our dresses - with a chocolate sash.
Posted by Christi; updated 05/22/08

Hi... My wedding is coming up the 31st of this month - but boy did some things change! My dress arrived the wrong color (it was DARK brown) and they remade it in ivory for me... But that changed everything. Bridesmaids still in pool, and the groom in pool, me in ivory and the groomsmen in ivory... My brown pearls don`t work anymore so i`m going with swarovski crystal choker instead... Aaaargh! Had to change everything within a couple of weeks of the wedding - will post pics when all is said and done....
Posted by Carol; updated 05/22/08

As soon as I posted that I realized your wedding might not have taken place yet!

I`d love to see some pics when you`re through, and I hope you have a wonderful day!!! I`m sure it will all be beautiful!
Posted by Christi; updated 05/22/08

If you`re looking for tiffany blue favor boxes and napkins at a great price, try the link below. The Seta Celeste favor boxes and aqua napkins are going to make a tiffany themed wedding absolutely gorgeous. The aqua napkins match the original Tiffany bags perfectly.

Http://thingsfestive.weddingstar.com/search/?keyword=celeste+or+napkins

A Tiffany themed wedding would be extra special by incorporating diamond accessories into your decor. Tiffany is all about elegance and the diamond and crystal accessories at the following link will help to wow your guests at a reasonable price.

Http://thingsfestive.weddingstar.com/search/?keyword=diamond

You can find aqua (Tiffany blue) place cards here:

Http://thingsfestive.weddingstar.com/search/?keyword=aqua+place+cards

Visit our page for more info: Things Festive - Over 2,000 Unique Accessories!

Posted by Sharon; updated 08/26/08