Where To Start

Yea I know I`m 13 but i heard that quinceaneras take a long time to plan and i dont know where to start

So what should I start planing first?
Posted by Priscilla; updated 08/07/06

What you should do first is get someone to help you plan it then you should just be looking around for the ballroom
Posted by maria; updated 08/07/06

You should start by finding sum1 who will help you plan it den u should go c da church
Posted by Eladia; updated 09/02/06

My daighter is 13 too and we picked a date and of course we have the church. We first started looking at themes and she finally decided she wanted a Cinderella theme - fairytale Quince. So I started doing research. And boy did I find alot of stuff. This has helped me to determine what I want to spend - budget. We`ve met with several choreographers actually for my niece whose Quince is in Feb 07 - but they too can be pricey so as soon as we meet with all the ones for my niece and a couple more who were actually booked for Feb we will hire a choreographer and start paying her and this way by the time next year comes along I would have paid the deposit that they require and thensome. She has been looking at dresses for both her and her damas in magazines and at the boutiques. I am going to start looking for a place to have the party in January and by February have a contract in place. The reason you want to start early is so that you can budget yourself. Once we do that and we know exactly what wiill be included with the banquet hall if I go that route then we can start on the little details. But basically we already know what we want, I`ve got names and numbers, emails some price quotes. The important things are - pick a date and an alternate date, rent the reception hall or hotel or wherever you wnat to have it and when doing this you must also already have in mind how many quest you plan to invite so that you don`t get a place too small also consider how many couples you wnat in your court, this will also need this especially if you are going to hire a choreographer, (you can`t put 14 couples in a small floor) and then pick a theme if you are going to have a theme. Once you have the date set and place rented then you can start thinking of who your court they will be. Remember they have to be reliable and committed. Most banquet halls offer packages which include photographer, videographer, DJ, invitations, catering. And that is a great help because alot of the burden is taken off in locating this people. All you have to do is contact them to communicate your desires. Also start thinking of music you would like to dance to and what presentations would you like to - like the changing of the shoes, the last doll, candle ceremony.

Go to www.yourquinces.com you will see pictures or go to www.quinces.com - or just keyword Quince or Quinceanera and it will take you to lots of websites. There you will find the origin of the quince and the meanings of the different presentations and you can decide what you would like.

I am not a professional party planner but I do it for friends and family. I am cureently working on my nieces Quince - Her theme is Winter Wonderland. I am renting a snow machine for falling snow as she is presented and during the court`s presentation. We are decorating in white with snowflakes and snow. We want to stay away from the Christmas theme - it is just going to be winter wonderland in Miami.

I am pretty creative when it comes to throwing theme parties so if you have any questions or would like ideas just email me anytime. I will be more than happy to help and/or direct you in the right direction.

Jmelendez@thebermangroup.net
Posted by Jeannette; updated 09/06/06

Hey my quinceanera is in TWO months! and from my expiriences u need to come up with the theme colors for your quince and STICK WITH IT. And yes, DEFENITLEY find the hall and BOOK the church ASAP. You might want to ask the church that you go to or your favortie church what their policies are on quinces.cuz the one i have been going to my WHOLE LIFE required that i take classes 2 years b4 the quinceanera!!! its a real bummer when you cant have it at the church. And i wouldnt recommend choosing the royal court yet- you dont know who you will still be in touch with.
Posted by laura; updated 09/12/06

Hola well umm actually there not dat hard to plan my aunty planned her in 1 month an it all came out hella bonita it wuz hella fun n all that so you know evrything can come out hella nice in just a lil bit of time when is your quinceaƱera
Posted by janelle; updated 09/17/06

Um.im 13 too.but no its to soon..
Yeah it does take a long time to plan.thats why you start at 14!!=]
Posted by myriam; updated 11/14/08