Zorro Birthday Party

Hi everyone,

My son is turning 5 and he is having a Zorro birthday party. Seeing how the Zorro phase has passed, items are very difficult to find. The main problem I`m having is figuring out a way to make a Zorro cake. I thought about doing a "Z" shaped cake, but cannot find that cake mold. Each cake maker I have called says that it is "copyright infringement" to make a Zorro cake. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted by Kristy; updated 08/01/06

Hi,
Has your party passed? I`m working on a Zorro party for November. I found a great Zorro and horse action figure on Ebay (new) for .99 (plus shipping), that I`ll use to put on the cake. I may just have to have a bakery do a "desert" theme - spray on icing, dirt colored with mounds, bolders, cactus, etc. And I`ll add Zorro and the horse. I FINALLY found a place that sells Zorro balloons and a black horse balloon, which I ordered (3 for $10). I have software that makes a template for adorable goody bags (I can send you one to print). I`m still looking, but wondered if you found more stuff?
Thanks,
Kris
Posted by Kris; updated 09/22/06

Where are you located? It`s not copyright infringement to just do a big ol` Z.... I`ll happily do it for you, if you are nearby...

Visit our page for more info: Henna by Heather

Posted by Heather; updated 09/25/06

Hi Kris,

I ended up ordering some Zorro balloons on ebay and getting a little creative with everything else. Oriental Trading has very cheap, and cheaply made, swords with casings for about 6.95 a dozen. I ordered a few dozen of those, had my nephew dress up as Zorro and attend the party, and the kids had an absolute ball "sword fighting with Zorro". For the cake, I ended up making a sheet cake, cutting it in thirds longways and creating a "Z" shaped cake from the three long slices of cake that I had. I iced it red, trimmed it in black and it turned out really well. Other than that, I just decorated with red and black ballooons, and for gift bags, I bought small black and red paper bags. On the red bags, I used glue and glitter to make black Z`s and vice versa on the black bags. It turned out very well
Posted by Kristy; updated 09/26/06