Boy`s Birthday/Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn

My son will be turning seven soon; he is into Mark Twain and such, and I was hoping to have a Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn theme of some sort. There is a wooded area behind our house, and our neighborhood backs up to a creek. Any ideas for activities, games, or food?
Thanks!
Posted by Sarah; updated 07/17/06

I went to a party one year, where we had a competition scavenger hunt, it was really fun! you could do clues in the way that the characters talk((i don`t kno if those particular characters were like country, or western or wut)) but then at the end, they had a big net hangin from a tree, and it was filled with squirt guns((u could do wutvr)). In order to get the clues tho, the first time our whole team had to finish a crocket((sp?)) thingy, the next, we had to get in a line and pass down a bucket, with holes in it , and fill it up to a certain point, the next we had to use our heads, and i think the last one somebody had to do three flips on the guys trapoline... It wuz sooo much fun!! hope i helped! o and if u didn`t understand one bit of that, email me at dum92dum@aim.com if u want me to try explain better
Posted by Amanda; updated 07/28/06

What cute ideas! Thanks so much!
Posted by Sarah; updated 07/28/06