1. Get married in the afternoon ( after lunch..1:00??) and have cake and drinks for reception instead of a full meal
2. Go to the restaurant and pick up the tab
3. Have everyone bring a dish
4. Try contacting some local restaurants that have good food but not that pricey..maybe they can make a deal with you??
I can tell you that it is going to be very difficult to find a company to cater to a large group for that price. Good luck! Hope this helps.
1. Take several pieces of wood in different heights, preferably 2 by 12`s work best, cut them to several 12 and 24" pieces. Make enough to go under your food platters in different heights, in other words, stack 4- 2 by 12`s by 12" long and secure together with screws or nails so that you get a rectangular piece of joined wood. Position it on your table, working with higher pieces in the back, and going smaller in the front, most banquet tables are 8 to 10` long so you can put alot of platters on one table. Boxes also work great, by the way.
2. Use a large enough table cloth to cover the entire table with room to push down a little around your stacked wood platter holders, (I hope you are understanding this) making sure that you don`t see any of the wood (or boxes) underneath the cloth.
3. If you wish to completely hide the table and legs, use either a large tablecloth coming down the front of the table or use a pre-made table skirt. If you decide to use the tablecloth to hide the table, put this on and position it before putting on the wood.
4. Add your different platters of food as you see fit, but make sure that you group same foods together, ie: meats with rolls, and vegetables with dips.
This all looks quite awesome if you just stand back often and picture it as you are putting it together. You don`t even have to use wood, get some milk crates, pepsi crates, sturdy boxes in different heights and sizes, the possibilities are endless. To decorate your table for better accent, add garland to table before you put the platters on, and you can even run mini string lights up and around the "boxes" which makes a beautiful addition to any wedding, indoors or out.
If you are having a buffet style as I mentioned earlier to you, then don`t make the boxes so high, you will still get the same dramatic effect, and you can have someone serve standing in the back of the table. Let me know if this helps.
And rather than buying lots of ingredeants to make bug meals and buffetsi bought joints of meats and had the collage caterer roast them and then just served with bowls of salads pasta`s and potatoes and bought some frozen deserts i had 200 guests and it was more than enought every one said how nice it was
I hired a student caterer from my collage for £100 and bought the food from the wholesalers that cost £380
Rather than buy things for big meals and fancy foods i bought 2 beef joints 2 pork joints and 3 large chickens
And had the cater cook them and serve with pastas salads potatoes ect .
Then bought loads of posh frozen party deserts
Was plenty to go round and i had 200 guests and every one said how nice it was to have a carvery and i even had money left over to hire a waiter (from the collage too ) for £50 for the afternoon was lovely
Our magnificent mansion is a perfect location for any wedding or formal celebration. Our ambiance...
Beverly Hills Trans.- Southern California Limo
With a variety of selections to choose from, we customize our limousine rentals to suit your even...
Let's Have a Cart Party
We'll supply every snack, dessert, and delectable cuisine imaginable for your satiating event. No...
Ventura Limousine Service
Professional and affordable limousine and transportation service with an expansive fleet of vehic...
Total Entertainment - Photographic Party Favors
We have everything you need to provide memorable photo favors of your celebration to all of your ...
Let our staff of highly trained, professional stylists revive your hair while our expert aestheti...
We create fun with hours of interactive inflatables for kids & adults, and provide our client...
The Wedding Expert
Hire a professional and experienced videographer for your wedding day, you and your spouse will enjo...