AIDS

Hey every one I just found out that my dad has AIDS and I`m not even supposed to know!
My mom told me about it and she told me not to tell him B/C he was gonna tell me later face to face and I`m having a QUINCE and I don`t wanna make everyone feel bad B/C i have to dads and i don`t know who to share my daddy dance w/ !
Posted by ~PrPl~; updated 07/08/06

Hey my name is Esmeralda but they call me esme well thatz realy sad that ur dad has AIDS i know how u feel my papi has diabities well i think you should dance W/ ur real dad cuz i mean he`s ur dad he waz the 1 that waz there when u where born plus im not trying 2 make u feel bad or nothin but that may be the last time you may dance w/ em and 2 not make your stepdad feel bad you can write him algo telling him thank you 4 everything he has done 4 you and then read it infront of everyone on your quince anos hope everything turns out all right hope you write back
Posted by esme; updated 07/11/06

O.K. Honey I knew this already from your previous message... Well now that I know how stressed you are about all of this, maybe you should do something nice for him to.... But I still think you should dance with your stepfather, he has been there for you always... I think you should dance with both... But note that things happen for a reason, and I mean everything... Your dad having aids, him leaving you, your stepfather always there for you, you having a party, everything... Listen as I told you before I went thru a rough time in my life not so long ago, and I found that ever since my mother has been my best friend, and I got to her for everything, I guess you find that as you grow older, but anyhow... Talk to your mom, and see what she can advice you, she will ALWAYS have the right answer....
Posted by Perla; updated 07/12/06

Honey I know how you feel. My daughter just had her quince on June 3, 06 and she has two fathers as well. I was hard for her but I let her decide on who she was gonna do the daddy dance with. Her stepfather has been in her life since she was three years old and has always been there for her through thick and thin and as for her father yeah he pays child support and when she needs something he gripes about it but gets it for her or should I say her stepmom actually does. So she came to me one nigh crying telling me that she doesn`t want to hurt anyone or make anyone feel bad and that she loves her dad but that she wants her stepfather to walk and dance with her at her quince. I assured her that it was gonna be ok and that there would be hard feeling but that it was her day and it was all about what she wanted cause it was her day. So I know how you feel. You should talk to your mom and do what you feel in your heart. After all it all worked out well for us. Good Luck...
Posted by Teresa; updated 07/12/06