2 Dad`s So Who Do I Dance W/???

I have to dads and One left me when i was 2 and has never been there for me until like 2 years ago and I`m 15 and then my Step-dad he had been there for me since i was 7 and has given me everything i have (even this Computer) and I don`t know who to dance w/ I don`t wanna make any one feel bad Because of it! I`m just so Confused So Plz some one help!
Posted by ~PrPl~; updated 06/29/06

PLZ some one help me my quince is in 1 week and 6 days and i`m still confused!
Posted by ~PrPl~; updated 07/02/06

Hello... Well listen this is a rough situation, but don`t stress over it to much; otherwise, things will be tough on you more than anyone, and this is supose to be your special day. I know you must be saying it`s easier said than done, but in life you will learn that not everything you need or want will happen. Anyhow as I read this message I knew my answer immediately. I also read it aloud to my co-worker, and her and I had the same answer, yet we feel what you feel as far as not making anyone feel bad. I would personally choose my step-dad. Why? Because a father is who is there for you all along, not who brings you life. Think about it this way. Your biological father left you. Why? For unkown reasons, but he did and that`s all that matters. I don`t think there`s any excuse. Now 2 yeafrs ago he comes into your life like a complete stranger, adn at this point everything should be fine and dandy well not for me, and I bet a lot of people feel the same way I do. Then we have your step-father, who as you said has been there and in your life since seven, and has treated you right, and gives you everything you want and need, and I mean emotionally, and materialistic. He has also been in your life for a long time. I personally think that your step-father would be more hurt than your biological father, please don`t feel bad about this.... Or you can dance with both, and of course you have your step-father dance first or vise versa how ever you think it would be more special. Him first or last whatever. Well I hope this helped a little, and please remember that in life there will be obstacles that you must over come, but there will be many decisions to be made weather they are good o bad. Have fun in your party and most of all enjoy it. Let me know how it went o.k. By the way where are you from?
Posted by Perla; updated 07/03/06

Thanks that realy does help me alot and I knew all along that i should dance w/ h im EVENTHOUHG HE DANCES FUNNY! and I just found out that my other dad hads AIDS but the Cells arent active but they could be at any min. So that`s why i said i didn`t wanna make anyone feel bad! By the way where R U from? all I need is that Your Him and then everything is gonna be more wrong and OH Yeah I`m not supposed to know that he has AIDS! so now wut do i do?
Posted by ~PrPl~; updated 07/03/06

Thanx PERLA that really helps me alot thanx cause i needed it these last 4 weeks haven`t been the best and for some one to answer me was really great THANKS!
Posted by ~PrPl~; updated 07/03/06

You would dance with your Dad. That may sound crazy but hear me out. Your FATHER left you, it takes a lot for a girl to call a man Dad. A father is the one who creates you but a Dad is the one who raises you, cares for you and is there for you. You can dance with your father as well. My friend went through the same thing and I told her the same thing. Her father had just come into her life a year before the party and was upset that because he paid for half ot he party that she didn`t dance with him first. Me with my big mouth told her not to feel bad because he was doing his job as a father after not doing anything for her for 14 years and now he wanted a pat on the back for doing what he is supposed to do?!? Where the he!! does he get off saying that crap??? Dance with your Dad and if you want, you can dance wiht your Father. Choose an extra special song for your Dad and a special song for your father.
Posted by Yanis; updated 07/08/06

Thanks Yanis that really helps you know i wrote a song about this whole thing reply to me is you wanna read a clip of it. It`s called PICTURES ON THE WALL!
Posted by ~PrPl~; updated 07/08/06

To be honest, if i was you, i would dance with both of them. You dont want to hurt anyones feelings and have them ruin your night
Posted by Christine; updated 07/10/06

Dance to a different song W/ each person
Posted by Michelle; updated 07/10/06

I do want to read the song. It is nice that you wrote a song and I know that you will have a really nice party.
Posted by Yanis; updated 07/11/06

Well actually the song that I wrote has nuthin` to do w/ it! Actually it`s really mean to my dad in Colorado cause he said wasn`t comming B/C Dances and Stuff were apart of his past!but any ways here it goes!
It`s to bad that you can`t hear me play my guitar and sing it B/C i have a great voice!

HAVE YOU EVER HAD SUCH A WONDERFUL DAY? WELL MY SPECIAL DAY IS CALLED A QUINCEANERA. I INVITED HALF THE WORLD TO COME SEE ME AND THAT DAY I DIDN`T CARE BOUT` NUTHING CAUSE ALL I CARED ABOUT WAS ME AND DADDY! I THOUGHT I COULD SEE US DANCING BUT monday I FOUND OUT HE WASN`T COMMING, AND WHEN HE TOLD ME THIS I WAS ANGERY CAUSE I HAVE LOVED HIM ALL MY LIFE AND NOW TODAY I FIND THAT HE`S BEEN LYING TO ME HE TOLD ME THAT HE LOVED ME AND THAT I WAS WELCOME IN HIS HOUSE! AND NOW I STAND HERE WITH THE PICTURES ON THE WALL THESE MEMORIES OF ME AND HIM NOW MEAN NUTHIN TO ME!.....AND NOW THE PICTURES ON THE WALLS OF ME AND HIM ARE DISSAPEARING AND NO MATTER HOW TRY THEY KEEP COMMING OFF!..........

This is a long song so I really don`t wann type it all out but there`s a lot more to it I know it`s really mean towards him but I felt really bad when he told me that he wasn`t comming b/c It was part of his past!
So let me know wut you think of it! ok Cause i would really wanna know wut you think! ok!
Posted by PrPl; updated 07/11/06

Girl you only have ONE dad, the one that raised you no one else. That other guy that dropped you on this earth doesn`t even deserve your thoughts!!!
Posted by jenni; updated 07/12/06

Jenni, that is just ignorant. He is to be recognized because without the man, she would not exist. He deserves that respect.
Posted by Yanis; updated 07/14/06

A real man would never leave his baby girl, a real man would put his own life for his baby, this one doesn`t even have the b**** to come to the party because he is worried about his past putting himself first instead of his baby as it should be, AGAIN. Anyone that leaves their babies, man or woman doesn`t deserve ANY respect. How can you leave your child to defend herself against the world??? and still deserve ANY respect???

Check out this link:

Http://www.misterimagen.com/quinces/xv`s-music.html

And listen to "Chiquita Mia" by Alvaro Torres.

THAT`S what a real man and a real Dad does.
NO EXCUSES
Posted by jenni; updated 07/14/06

As I said, she would not exist if not for him. He has that punishment for himself to put through, he surely doesn`t need her to punish him more. What goes around, comes around and she needs to face the fact that just because he did what he did, God will take care of him. A true man would lay down for his child but that is not our business, it is his. She grew up to be the person she is because of her Dad and her Father. Whatever they deserve is not for us to say and being as though this is a Catholic/Christian ceremony, I am sure that she will do as God wants her to do. Judge not lest ye be judged, Honor thy Father and thy Mother and your days shall be long, When a man strikes your cheek, turn and offer him the other. These are in the Bible. Stop your Human ways and get into what God wants for us. We can`t know what a person goes through when they decide that they do not want to take on their responsibilities. I am sure that you have ran away from something no matter if it is a baby or not. YOU are not the person who passes out the punishment for this. Lets just pray that when you decide to have a baby, your "baby`s daddy" stays to help you raise the baby because with your current attitude, I can see the relationship going downhill and you raising a child alone. That child has a right to know it`s father. Are you going to punish the child while you think that you are punishing the father? God Bless and "go with God".
Posted by Yanis; updated 07/15/06

Yanis, thanks for your educated answer. You are correct in stating that she should forgive and respect her father because just as you said, he did give her life. What he does after that is between him and God. I don`t believe that Jenni would know or understand that and with so much hatred in her heart, I hope she reads the Bible so that she can see the words that you put in your post. Thanks for being a wonderful friend and Christian.
Posted by Mary; updated 07/15/06

My daughter is in the same situation that you are in she has 2 dads. One who gave birth to her and one who has been in her life since she was 4 years old. The one who gave birth to her walked out of her life when she was only 6 months and reappeared when she was 11 years old. She has a lot of hatred toward him because of that .But as I told her it is not for anyone to judge him except but God who he will have to answer to some where down the road. As i told her regardless of what that is still your father and two wrongs doesn`t make it right so she took my advice and decided to dance with both of them a her sweet sixteen. Always remember in life things happen for a reason and life is to short to be holding any hatred around cause we are here today and maybe gone tomorrow. As they say give them flowers we`ll they living cause when they are gone that can`t see them.Honor your mother and your father and your days on this earth shall be longer. Forgiveness is good for the heart.
God Bless You
Angie
Posted by angie; updated 07/17/06