Nascar Wedding?

I was thinking about a Nascar theme wedding. My finance loves nascar especially the Earnharts. Has anyone done anything with Nascar in their wedding before? Let me know of some ideas that I could use. Thanks!
Posted by Annie; updated 01/14/03

If my sister n law ever got married again she would have a nascar wedding I believe lol. You could always just have the grooms cake the nascar theme.
Posted by Sissy; updated 01/14/03

If my sister n law ever got married again she would have a nascar wedding I believe lol. You could always just have the grooms cake the nascar theme.
Posted by Sissy; updated 01/14/03

Try Bondurant Driving School 480.403.7600
For information and ideas.They may even offer you and the groom a free hot lap around the track. : )
Posted by Rev Amy; updated 01/14/03

A great idea for the guest party favors is a small minature car you can put in a small race car box. Another Cute idea will be to have a model race car as a centerpiece. Your guest will just love the different and unique ideas !!!
Good Luck !
Posted by Friends !; updated 01/20/03

I MYSELF AM PLANNING A NASCAR WEDDING! OUR WEDDING WILL BE 6/26/04. I HAVE A FEW IDEAS, WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE IDEAS WITH EACH OTHER?
Posted by STACEY; updated 04/06/03

How about using black and white table covers, napkins, even your bouquet could have a black and white ribbon (or gingham checked ribbon) added to it. Favor boxes could be tied with gingham black and white checked ribbon.
Cake topper could include a small race car and also black and white checked ribbon...
Invitations could be simple white heavy weight card style and then perhaps a sheer overlay tied with black and white checked ribbon. Or they could be the plain white invitation card with a tissue black and white checked customized wrap and tied with a white satin bow.
Good luck!
Posted by Linda; updated 04/09/03

I would love to help you with your themed wedding. I can send you some samples of items and a catalogue with some ideas to go with it. Just get in touch with me directly.

Visit our page for more info: Jovial Events / Wedding & Party Coordinators
Posted by Michelle; updated 04/21/03

Oh wow. I`m so glad I ran across this. We are also big racing fans, and my daughter wants a nascar theme wedding too. & I just found out that they will become engaged this weekend with a wedding of summer 04.. So any advice tips anything would be helpful. (Wedding must be on the "off" weekend in next years schedule. LOL)
Posted by Brenda; updated 05/01/03

Sweetly Unique has the cutest Nascar wrappers for candy bars. Their website is www.geocities.com/personalizedwrappers
Posted by Carrie; updated 05/01/03

My husband and I will be renewing our vows in Sept. `04. I was planning a NASCAR/COUNTRY theme. I have some beautiful pics of my wedding dress if you are intrested just drop me an email. My dress is really to hard to discribe but, my bridesmaids dresses will be black and white, they will carry red roses. My husband and the grooms men will be wearing black jeans and cowboy boots, white shirts and bowties and black tux jackets with tails. My cake will be a 3 teir red velvet. The icing will be black and white check with a red ribbon on top. My grooms cake will be a race car www.racecakes.com
Posted by Hayley; updated 05/04/03

I am planning on a NASCAR themed wedding on 9-24-05. I have came up with some great ideas if any one wants to exchange ideas. For the cake topper go to coloradocarla.com, she can specially make anything you want.
Posted by Stacey; updated 05/06/04

Hello,

Glad to see that I am not the only one with a unique theme as for my wedding. My theme is racing... So far I have our colors, Red, Black and White...the girls will be in red... I have the place cards and the centre piece figured out.. What kind of ideas did you come up with?....our wedding is July 16th, 2005,....i am looking for some sort of racing car confetti.. But still no luck... At least i have 1 year left to plan.. Maybe by then they will come out with some....
Posted by Liza; updated 06/04/04

I am having a NASCAR wedding in September2004!
I made my own invitations with checkered flags and have checkered flag everything for the reception. We are doing atraditional church ceremony with black and white as our colors and then the reception is a outdoor barbecue with NASCAR everything, a family friend is making a cake in the shape of our favorite track- Dover and the grooms cake will be a tony stewart car from racecakes!keep in touch with ideas!
Posted by Sara; updated 06/13/04

Our wedding is August 27th 2004, and I am having some trouble coming up with Nascar theme wedding favors?? If anyone can help, I`d really appreciate it!!
Posted by Nicole; updated 06/22/04

I too plan on marrying at the bristol motorspeedway next aug 2005..... My idea is...... Take your favorite racers ball cap and make a veil on it and boom! you have a nascar style hat/veil......
Posted by melody; updated 06/23/04

I am thinking of the NASCAR theme too. We live right by Infineon raceway in Sonoma Ca. I would just die if we could get the grand stands and starting line for the wedding drive up in a race car....My wheels are turning...Any input is welcomed!!!
Posted by Stacey B; updated 06/28/04

I am getting married at Bristol Motorspeedway this August 2004 at the Sharpie 500 race. We are having our wedding reception done in all nascar. It`s going to be really cool. It`s neat to do something different than a traditional wedding.
Posted by Krystal; updated 07/18/04

I just found this site today, And I`m getting married in August 2005 and I also want a Dale Jr. Themed wedding reception. Have you gotten any ideas yet???

I would like to share ideas with you if possible.

Thanks
Slrisku@aol.com
Posted by Stacy; updated 07/25/04

JUST HAD MY NASCAR WEDDING AND IT WAS GREAT. THE BEST PART WAS OUR CAKE. WE HAD 4 SEPERATE CAKES DONE IN A BASKET WEAVE. THE ICING WAS BLACK AND WHITE AND IT LOOKED CHECKERED. THE TOP (KEEPER) CAKE HAD A 1:64 SCALE DALE EARNHARDT SR CAR. THE 2 SIDE CAKES HAD CROSSED CHECKERED FLAGS AND THE BOTTOM (BIGGEST) CAKE HAD A 1:24 SCALE DALE EARNHARDT JR CAR. IT WAS AWESOME
Posted by STACEY; updated 07/25/04

This message is for Stacey, I just read your message that you posted on July 25th about your cake, what other ideas did you have for you reception??? Would you like to share them with me I would love to hear them, also pictures would be cool to see. My email is slrisku@aol.com

Thank you Stacy :)
Posted by Stacy; updated 07/28/04

My fiance is a dale jr. Freak so we are having a dale jr. Cake made for his grooms cake. You could do so much You could do it in black and white. There are all kinds of ideas you just have to think out of the box.Good luck.
Posted by Carol; updated 02/23/05

Hello Stacey~ My cousin will be having a Nascar themed wedding on 4/22/06. I am helping her come up with ideas for her reception and would love to exchange thoughts with you.
Posted by April; updated 03/27/05

Hi, I am having my wedding 7/14/07 in Lincoln,NH, Loon Mntn Ski Resort and then we are going to the Louden Nascar race the next day. My fiance loves Nascar and Tony Stewart. I wanted ideas for a Nascar and Tony Stewart cake and also favors for my guest. If you have any ideas or info please let me know. Thank You, Luciane Liguori
Posted by Luciane Liguori; updated 03/09/06

To anyone out there having a Nascar wedding. I have several decoration items for sale, including checkered flag balloons, tablecloths, chocolate Nascar cars, tableskirts, pennant flags and more. I have a small shop in Amarillo texas but also ship orders. Anyone interested, please email me. Serious responders will also get pics.
Posted by sonya new; updated 03/10/06

Sorry, my email add is sfandm@sbcglobal.net
Posted by sonya new; updated 03/10/06

My fiancee and I are huge Tony Stewart fans. I found somone to make a car cake. Buy the car kit from Race Cakes.com and find someone who can make it look like the car. My lady makes edible decals and can make any car he wants. Also, instead of wedding favors we are making a donation to the Tony Stewart Foundation - $1/person - and making a card for everyone telling them about the Foundation. It helps alot of kids and no one can be mad about not getting a favor. I am looking for a cake topper though and can`t find one. Once I found a man and women in TS attire but can`t seem to find it again or anything else like it. If you know of anything please email lboehler@mail.com and let me know of that or anything you can find TS that I can use in the wedding. I`m getting a garter too-AllSportsWeddings.com. Thanks and good luck!
Posted by Leta Boehler; updated 03/12/06

I`m just thinking off of the top of my head but what about
1 having named drinks at the bar name them after drivers or teams
2 serving `at the track` food like hot dogs and fries
3 for an invitation/save the dates send tickets look at theknot.com i know they have vendors
4 make candles with toy cars in them for favors.
5 have a track with remote control cars and have them race around a track
6 if you want to have a photo guest book set up an area with a life size cardboard cut out of you favorite car/driver have people take polaroids with it and put in book for an instant photo/guest book
7 have the guys where suits with nascar ties
8 have the girls where dresses in your favorite drivers colors with a toy car in their hair (like on a head band )
9 have people throwing checkered flag fabric /hankies at the wedding and drive off in a fancy sports car.
10 use pennant flags to decorate the bar and food tables.
11. If your having a kids room have them make their own pennant flags
12 set up large photos/posters of different cars at the reception.

Hope you like some of my ideas
Posted by Ally; updated 03/17/06

I am getting married the later part of this year and looking to have a NASCAR grooms cake. I would love to have the whole cake be a NASCAR track and put little toy Nascar cars on the track. Anyone ever seen this or know where to find cake pans for this. I have someone willing to make it if I help find supplies. I also thought about going with finding a cake pan of a car and making a Jr car or going with the No. 8 (but I like the race track idea.
Also does anyone have pictures they can send of prior Nascar grooms cake ideas or web links. My email is dandp8073@yahoo.com
Posted by Jr. Fan; updated 04/27/06

MY BOYFRIEND IS A NASCAR FREAK, SO AM I. SO FOR OUR WEEDING IF I WERE TO GET MARRIED. I WANT THE GIRLS TO HAVE ON RED, YELLOW, AND GREEN DRESSES. OF COURSE EACH ON ONLY WEAR ONE COLOR. HAVE YOUR DRESS EITHER WHITE (LAST LAP FLAG) OR WHITE & BLACK (CHECKER FLAG). HAVE YOUR AREA YOU STAND ON BE VICTORY LANE. ALL THE BOYS ON RACING GEAR... EVEN HIM. THEY WOULD LOVE IT. HAVE YOU GOT MARRIED YET?
Posted by CHRISTINA; updated 04/07/07

I have friend that having Nascar theme wedding and like some idea on the center pieces please.
Posted by Betty; updated 07/27/07