CoverGirl Searches For The Ultimate Quinceanera!!!

INAUGURAL SEARCH FOR A QUINCEAÑERA COVERGIRL®
LAUNCHES IN CALIFORNIA AT LONGS DRUG STORES

CoverGirl® Model Amelia Vega Leads Initiative,
Honoring The Tradition of the Quinceañera

Hunt Valley, Maryland –June 5, 2006 – CoverGirl® Cosmetics and Longs Drug Stores announced the launch of a statewide essay contest in California to celebrate and honor the tradition of the Quinceañera in the Hispanic community. A unique program, Searching for California’s Quinceañera CoverGirl was announced in Los Angeles by former Miss Universe and CoverGirl model Amelia Vega.

The essay contest aims to inspire young women to continue to honor this coming of age tradition of Latin American countries. It also will identify and award one exceptional young Latina who best interprets the tradition in the United States.

“Even though I didn’t have my own Quinceañera, I always dreamed of having one,” said Amelia
Vega. “I feel privileged and honored to be part of this exciting contest and look forward to sharing an unforgettable Day of Beauty with one young Latina as she prepares for her own Quinceañera. I realize the importance of keeping this tradition alive and encourage all young Latinas to continue embracing their cultural roots.”

“For many Hispanic young women in the U.S, Amelia Vega is a great role model for what this contest represents – something beautiful from Latin America that is now becoming part of Hispanic culture here in the United States, “ notes CoverGirl Vice President, General Manager Gina Drosos. “We are delighted to have Amelia represent the dreams and aspirations of Latina girls across the state of California; her success as an ambassador and CoverGirl model has been a great inspiration to all women.”

Quinceañera CoverGirl Essay Contest And Submission Guidelines
California residents celebrating their Quinceañera during 2006 can nominate themselves for this contest through a written essay, or can be nominated by another young woman (between the ages of 12-19 years-old) also through a written essay.

The contest will ultimately give one young Latina the opportunity of a lifetime by providing her with a “Day of Beauty” with Amelia Vega, and a grand prize of $4000 towards the expenses of her Quinceañera celebration. Additionally, two runners up will each receive $2000 for their own Quinceañera events.

All contestants are to submit a brief essay in English or Spanish addressing What The Quinceañera Tradition Means to Me and send to covergirl@rlpublicrelations.com. Eligible young Latina girls in California should stress the importance of this coming of age event and why this custom is such a wonderful family-oriented occasion in the Hispanic culture.

More information about the contest is available in participating Longs Drugs throughout California. The contest is open until July 7, 2006.
Posted by Yvette; updated 06/16/06