Quincernera

Well my mother wantes me to wear like a sleeve dress and i don`t want that and like i dont want to make her mad. So if u have any suggestions email me at uluvsandy@yahoo.com
Posted by jessica; updated 01/11/03

Well i think you need more help by some one else like another person with a prob.like that
Posted by jessica; updated 01/13/03

Hello,

Just a question. Did mom give you a reason she wants you to wear a sleeved dress?

A good example is this...
My two girls are built really different. They are free choose their gowns, BUT my older daughter is a big girl. Sleeves will compliment her build, where a sleevless gown would make her look heavier. My younger daughter would like a strapless and as long as the gown is in good taste her build would be okay in a strapless.
We are looking at alot of different gowns and will try to pick one we are both happy with!
Try sitting down and talking it over with mom.
Girls, believe it or not this is a bittersweet time for your parents. At least that is my humble opinion. Today my oldest daughter turned 14, and although I know growing up is inevitable......it is hard for me to let her grow up.
Try and let this be fun...ok?!
Posted by Cathy; updated 01/13/03

My daughter also wanted a sleeveless and her dad did not. We ended up settling for one with spaghetti straps that are removeable (we`ll see if they ever do get removed :) and a shawl to go over her shoulders.

I hope this helps you.
Posted by deedee; updated 01/14/03

Hi again,

Just wondering how you made out with your mom about your gown?

Blessings
Posted by Cathy; updated 02/02/03

Sometimes when we are planning for a special occasion there are also special request by the minister or priest that the young ladies not use gowns that are to revealing. Go easy on your mom. The idea is to make this celebration a fun and memorable one. Good luck to both of you.
Posted by Melissa; updated 02/04/03

If you want to wear a straplwss dress, than wear the dress because you should be the one who should decide what you want to wear on your very special day.
Posted by Micaela; updated 05/05/04