I Love Him, But I Dont Know If I Should Be With Him!

Ok i like this guy named juan. I met him in the 9th grade. In 7th and 8th grade he went out with one of my friends (but at the time, me and him didnt even know each other) then they broke up. The day i told my friend that i liked him, that same day, she started going back out with him! i was sooo mad! i didnt know what to do, but i figured a guy isnt something worth loosing a friend over, so i just ignored them! then as the time went on, i started likin him even more and couldnt help my self! then comes to find out, she was cheatin on him the entire time! i was sooo mad! so i didnt everything in my power to get him to leave her! but he didnt until weeks later! so then we started talkin even more! i started callin him everynight and the nights i didnt call him, he would call me! so as the time started going by, i started fallin for him!! everyday in class, he would flirt like crazy!! sounds like a perfect start huh? well there is a twist! ............ He is in a gang! he is a xv3! but i cant say i didnt know, i knew since the begining! but one day, he was caught by the cops for being with him friends while they shot this black guy in my school! so he got sent to juvenile for about 2 weeks then him mom got him out, and then had to spend the rest of the year in an alternative school! so me and him really didnt talk for a while, til one night, he texted my cell, askin what time i was going to sleep! when i asked him why, he said cause he wanted to call me later when his bro. Got back home with his cell! so i told him to call at any time! and he asked me "so if i call you at 12am its ok?" and i said "yes, but why so late?" he said, "i dont know, i just know that i love you!!" i was soooo shocked! i didnt know what to do! so, that night he called me and we talked for a good 3 hours! and like, 15 minutes before we hung up, i asked him why he had sent that message! and all he told me was, "oh, well i just thought that i would tell you how i felt about you!!" at the time i was all happy! he called me like evey other night! and every time we were going to hang up, he would tell me he loved me!!
I finally got him to say he loved me back, and i love it! but the thing is, all my friends tell me that he isnt worth my time! they all say he is no good! *because he is in a gang!* but i dont care! even though he had to move to down town dalllas and i still live here in arlington! i still love him!! but my question is, "is he really worth my time?"
Should i keep on going on like i have in the past , ignoring the fact that he is in a gang? and that there is always the chance that he can be shot or killed at any moment??!! i love him!!!!
But is he worth it??
I need help
Posted by renee; updated 06/12/06

Hey renee well let me tell ya somethin that same thing happen to me well almost the same thing i was in love w/ a guy name carlos he was in a gang 2 but i didnt care cause i loved him sooooo much so did he so i stayed w/ him cause i love him and he loved me i didnt care wat the other people said the only thing that matter was our love .so i think u should stay w/ himi sounds like yall love eachother soo much its a risk u should take 4 love!!maybe he will change 4 u if u ask who knows!well g2g
Posted by Wendy; updated 06/13/06

Dear wendy
Hey yeah i do love him ALOT!
But there was acouple of days that he didnt call me, and i started to wonder if he wasnt callin me for a reason or if it was a sign to just move on
Then the other day i got a phone call from his at like 6:30 in the morning saying that he missed me but that he just got his cell turned back on
Omg i was just happy to hear from him!
But yeah i thought about what you said,
And im stayin with him!
I love him tooo much
And we`ve been through too much
To just let go soo early!
Well thanks and hopefully you`ll write back!
Love ya
Renee
Posted by amy; updated 06/17/06

Dear wendy
Hey yeah i do love him ALOT!
But there was acouple of days that he didnt call me, and i started to wonder if he wasnt callin me for a reason or if it was a sign to just move on
Then the other day i got a phone call from his at like 6:30 in the morning saying that he missed me but that he just got his cell turned back on
Omg i was just happy to hear from him!
But yeah i thought about what you said,
And im stayin with him!
I love him tooo much
And we`ve been through too much
To just let go soo early!
Well thanks and hopefully you`ll write back!
Love ya
Renee

*** sorry it used my middle name when i wrote it up on the other computer

(to: wendy)
Posted by renee; updated 06/17/06

Hey wats up renee well dats good dat u decided to stay w/ him u wont regret it!! i know! well i hope yall last 4 ever!!good luck well g 2 g!
Love ya *Wendy*
Posted by Wendy; updated 06/17/06

OK, this guy is in a gang and that is their first family. You piss him off or the family and you are dirt. He can`t love you because he can`t even love himself. If he loves himself, he wouldnt` need to fit into a gang, he would only need you to know that he is whole. What you think is love is not what it is when you get a little older. He shot someone, don`t think for one moment that he won`t do the same to you if the family tells him that you are not worth it. Do you want to have to watch your back while you are with him? Do you not think that the guy isn`t going to retaliate? They don`t have to get him back the moment it happens, some wait until he has his girlfriend or child with him and kill him and them. I have lived in the middle of craziness like this and I will say this, if you love youself (forget about how much you love him because he was with your friend no matter what, you don`t be that dog who dates your friend`s ex), if you love youself, then you will find the person who is for you and totally into you and not a gang. He will be into you for the sex and to be controlling you, he will not have his heart into it like you do. It`s always that way. It is time to be focused on what the future will bring for you with any boy you get involved with.
Posted by Yanis; updated 06/17/06

Wow! Yanis you are the only person in this post with common sense. You can see the train wreck coming in that relationship a mile away and she won`t see it until she is staring down the barrel of a gun. Dumb A$$ girl. Focus on your school work and get a good education because the writing is on the wall, he is in a gang in dallas and you girls are numbers. They are all talking about you girls like you are the flavor of the month. Juan is my cousin and he is in a gang and tells me everything those guys talk about when it comes to you stupid little girls. He lets me know every time not to get a boyfriend who is in a gang because you are only sex when he wants it and he fills up your head with bull so he can get it any time he wants. When he is ready to settle down, it won`t be with you. Wake up and see what that is. Besides, why would you want to be with a guy who was with your girlfriend who was cheating on him?!? That is an AIDS case waiting to happen right there. You are sleeping with him, her and all of her partners as well.
Posted by Joliana; updated 06/17/06

LOL! LOL! LOL! HA HA HA! That is so true! She has no idea what she just walked herself into. She is thinking with her heart and he is thinking with the head in his pants!
Posted by Tiffi; updated 06/17/06

No one can tell anyone what the heart wants. It is her lesson to learn. Who has ever listened to anyone when they were told not to go with somoene. That makes it all the more curious. No one should be treated with disrespect ever. No one thought my boyfriend and I would last one summer. They thought we were too young, thought I was his flavor and because he had sold drugs, they thought I would hurt more than I could imagine. Yes, he sold drugs and he put himself through college. He is now an engineer and I am a stay at home wife and mother. People do things to belong and they do things to have support. If she supports him and loves him, he may give up that gang life and live for her. If he loves her, he would never see her hurt. My husband in his "bad" days, never put me in harm and he never saw me unhappy. He is everything to me and if I had listened to the people who told me to leave him alone (2 of them divorced from their husbands that everyone thought was going to take them to death due them part), I wouldn`t have the life that I have now. I came on this board to get ideas for my daughters party and I am very hurt that you ladies would talk to each other this way. You never know the life that anyone has or will have but you ladies need to support each other, build each other up and not bring each other down and even if you feel that she is in harms way, find a sincere way to tell her, don`t rip her to shreds.

Young lady, my feelings is that you need to think about this and if you heart is telling you to be with him, then be there but be very careful. I do think that you need to talk to him and voice your concerns, you can tell from his attitude, how he truly feels about you. If he rips you to shreds, then he may not be the one for you but if he listens and understands your concerns (as my husband did), you may be able to change the direction of his life. Don`t ever turn your back on anyone. God tells us to love one another, just because he is in a gang does not mean that you treat him like an animal, he is human and you wouldn`t want to be treated any less than that yourself. Good luck, God bless and enjoy and live life!
Posted by Julia; updated 06/17/06

Yeah Julia that is so right!!!!! These gurls sayin stuff dat they dont really know wat they talkin bout! look renee do wat yo heart tells ya!
Posted by wendy; updated 06/18/06

OK I HAVE READ ALL YA`S MESSAGES THAT YA HAVE LEFT ME! AND I ONLY THINK TWO OF YA ARE MAKIN SENCE! JULIA AND WENDY! NOW IM SORRY TO THE OTHER GIRLS THAT WERE TELLIN ME THINGS! BUT IF JULIA MADE IT WITH HER HUSBAND AND WENDY DID TOO, WHAT MAKES YA THINK THAT ME AND JUAN CAN`T MAKE IT?
NOW THEY SAY YOU ONLY FIND ONE TRUE LOVE IN YOUR LIFE, WHAT IF JUAN IS MY TRUE LOVE?
JUAN HAS NEVER PRESSURED ME TO DO ANYTHING LIKE HAVE SEX WITH HIM! YA JUST DONT KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH A GUY LIKE THAT! MY DAD WAS A X3! AND HE ISNT WITH MY MOM ANYMORE BUT HE HAS NEVER DID ANYTHING TO HURT MY MOM!
THEY SAY THINGS THAT DONT KILL YOU CAN ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER~
AND JUAN HAS ONLY MADE ME STRONGER!
SORRY BUT IM STAYING WITH HIM!
I KNOW YA MAY THINK IM MAKIN A MISTAKE, BUT THATS JUST A MISTAKE I HAVE TO MAKE!
OR ILL BE LIVING MY LIFE WONDERING "WHAT IF"

LOVE ALL OF YA
AND THANKS
Posted by renee; updated 06/20/06

Straight up my gurl! hell ya!U shouldnt let those gurls talk 2 u like dat dont worry gurl ull b happy w/ him by yo side!well g2g
Love ya
*wendy*
Posted by *Wendy*; updated 06/21/06

Hello I am 23 year old, and let me tell you... If you want to be with the guy, and you care for him and he cares for you and treats you right then why not... However, I know you know how to tell right from wrong, and if at some point you feel like he`s stringing you down with him then that`s the time you have to put a stop to everything and detemine wheater or not you want that for your future or not....
Posted by Perla; updated 06/22/06