Shooting Stars Photos Maui Dissatisfied Customer

I used Stephen at Shooting Stars Photography in Maui for a family beach portrait. We went through great strides with clothes hair make-up and great detail and expense to make sure that this was to be a beautiful moment captured in a phototgraph. I was assured that we would receive our photos within a couple of weeks and now it has been over 2 months and we still have not heard or seen anything from this man who I entrusted to take a special family portrait. As it stands now he will not answer phone calls or return any e-mails from us.Stephen does not even have to courtsey to let us know what has happen to our photos. He operates only from a P.O. Box address and does not have a listed home phone(only a cell #) I`m so very sad about all of this, I have often thought "what if this was my wedding" that he photographed and he pulled this.....
PLEASE consider someone else for your photography while you are in Maui....
Posted by jane coralli; updated 05/08/06

HI,

We also just got back from Maui (31 Aug 2007) and used Shooting Start Photography while we were there. It`s been a month now and we have heard nothing from Stephen and he has not returned any of my calls to his Cell Phone or e-mails. When setting up the photo shoot, he was never quick to get back to us, but usually did within 24 hours. Now that the shoot is over, NOTHING! I too would just like the curtasy of knowing what`s happened to my photos and if I`ll ever see them. At this time, I can`t recomend Stephen or Shooing Stars to anyone who goes to Maui.
Posted by Wes; updated 09/22/07

I`m in the same boat. Wondering if either of you have received your pictures yet?
Posted by Russ; updated 10/04/07

Can`t believe I didn`t see this before scheduling my Sept. 3 shoot with Stephen Holding! It`s been two months and no word at all and no responses to my emails, yet I`ve noticed that he`s posted two new galleries dated after my shoot took place. The *only* good thing is that he`s never charged me anything for the sitting, yet still has my c.c. Info. Has anyone else here EVER gotten their photos? Are you out money also? P.S. I also found out that he has 21 complaints in the last 36 mos. With the Hawaii BBB. I`m soooo disappointed.
Posted by Lisa Gunggoll; updated 10/17/07

My pictures have been posted but we are back to no response to e-mails or voicemails. I have not yet been charged, but at the same time I am unable to proceed with my order because he won`t respond. I hope no one else has to suffer this same fate.
Posted by Russ; updated 10/17/07

Incredibly, after my third email (yesterday), I received a call from Stephen Holding personally. We knew his wife was having health issues and apparently, he`s been in Honolulu for that reason -- almost full-time -- since early September. He expressed deep apologies for the dealy and non-responses and said that "about four" clients have been impacted, including me. He promised to send me a password in the next 24 hours to view my online gallery. He said his nephew, also a photographer, had been helping get all the online galleries together and that he thought mine was a "done deal." I have my fingers crossed and will let you know what happens...
Posted by Lisa Gunggoll; updated 10/18/07

Has anyone heard from Stephen? I STILL haven`t. I`m furious and heartbroken. Please choose anyone other than Shooting Stars for you Maui photos.
Posted by Russ; updated 10/30/07

My husband & I chose Shooting Stars for our 20th Anniversary on July 19, 2006. We have not seen a single photo, NOTHING! We signed a contract and he took our cc payment. We were very patient when he explained about his family health issues, but we have not even heard from him since Oct 2006. All we want is our photos.
Posted by Karie Tiscia; updated 12/29/07

We used Shooting Stars for a family reunion Aug -07. We still have not received any pictures. Very dissappointed. Needless to say G-parents are very dissappointed.
Posted by Andrea Nist; updated 04/21/08

We recently returned from maui in july 2009 having taken what we thought were going to be very special family beach pictures. Stephen seemed nice at the shoot but expected to see pics online before we left maui. Have been home a week and have seen NOTHING! Now we are seeing all these horrible stories about him and fear our pics are lost forever. What a jerk to do that to people. I will be calling him to give him a piece of my mind if for no other reason but to make me feel better. I will find a photographer close to home i can trust. What a jerk. I am thinking what i would really like to call him......in person.
Posted by Kim; updated 07/09/09

Hello, the same thing happened to us and I am dancing around waiting and watching to see that he cashes the check and I hopefully get our photo disc soon after. Did he ever make good on his promises to you?
Posted by Joe; updated 10/11/09

This guy is horrible, be weary and cautious!
Posted by Karen; updated 10/11/09

This guy is awful! Be weary and cautious
Posted by Karen; updated 10/11/09

I am still waiting four months after our trip and photo shoot in Maui. He has a million and one excuses...car accidents,illnesses, the poor mail service, etc etc etc... He has been doing this to prople for years. I just didn`t know it soon enough. I have made numerous calls, and filed a complaint with Hawaii`s attorney general office of consumer complaints. They already had complaints against him. Unfortunately there doesn`t seen much to do to stop him. I wonder if he has alcohol or drug issues. He doesn`t have any money from me yet. I refused until I get my pictures. Good luck, but I don`t feel confident I will ever see mine.
Posted by Kim; updated 10/12/09