14 Pregnant And Want To Get Married

I am 14 and 2 months pregnant the father is 18 and we want to get married but i am scared and i don`t know how we can do it with out parent consent help me plz
Posted by Jessica; updated 04/05/06

You can`t get married without your parents consent and this surely is not the time to be scared. If you weren`t scared to have sex at such a young age, then you surely shouldn`t be scared now. What you don`t need your parents consent for is BIRTH CONTROL!!!!
Posted by Mary; updated 04/05/06

Talk to your Pastor or a school counselor because you really do have to get your parents consent to get married.
Posted by Angela; updated 04/05/06

Were you scared to have sex??? Then you shouldn`t be scared to talk to your parents!!! If he is any type of man, he will encourage you to speak to your parents.
Posted by Wanda; updated 04/05/06

Although I do not approve, I will direct you to this site:

Http://usmarriagelaws.com/search/united_states/getting_married/index.shtml

Remember folks, "judge not lest ye be judged" She didn`t ask for opinions, she asked for help. Guide her, don`t judge her.
Posted by Mika; updated 04/05/06

I know everyone on this site is judging you, so I am not going to....it is your decision to get married or not, not his! I am 19 and getting married, and have been in your situation before, only a couple years older than you, in my case, God worked out my issues for me. Just look to God, and talk to your parents I know it will, be hard, UNLIKE the other people here, I know what it is like to be young and I am not going to tell you what you did was wrong. EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES AND YOU SHOULD NOT JUDGE, all of you with your snoody remarks should remember your life and what you have done wrong YOU AREN`T PERFECT, and you should be ashamed of yourself talking to a young person that way. Your parents WILL understand and it will shock them unfortunatley you are young and need their approval so talk to them and I know if you have faith God will guide you along the correct path. God Bless and good luck
Posted by noworries; updated 04/06/06

Don`t get married. Were you planning to get married before you got pregnant? If not, then this is not a good enough excuse to get married now. I know you may not want to be a single parent, but there are things worse. For instance, being a divorced mother come immediately to mind. If in 4 years when you are 18 you still want to be married, get married. Are you more afraid your parents will not let you get married or that you will lose the father? Don`t be in such a rush. I will say that getting pregnant at 14 is a mistake. It does not necessarily have to be compunded by another.
Posted by Chuck; updated 04/06/06

I agree with the last 3 people. Mika thanks for reminding us that no one should judge. I also fully agree with Chuck. Getting married isn`t going to make the fact that you got pregnant, any easier. Please pray on this and talk to your parents. I also believe that in 4 years when you both have been through a little together (and believe me, at the age of 20 when I had my first child with my boyfriend, we went through a lot of changes and emotions and although we are married now, it was a struggle.) Your parents will be rightfully upset and hurt, but when they see that baby, all will have been forgiven. I also want to say this, I do not believe that a baby is a mistake. A gift from God is never a mistake. Life does not run in reverse or you would have had the chance to go back and change the situation but you can`t and this baby didn`t ask to be here but you need to focus on him/her and love the baby like he deserves to be loved. I thank the last 3 posts because they remind us that in life, we all do things that we are not proud of but we are still human.
Posted by GB; updated 04/06/06

Hey jess- listen i am a 19 yr old wit a son who will be1 in may and im pregnant again due in may also. I am getting married in july. Alot of ppl on here do like to judge ppl but others actually give good advice. My personal opinion as well as the others on here shouldnt lead you any which way you should decide. But if you ever need anyone to talk to or someone just to listen feel free to email me at jadansmom518@hotmail.com i will be glad to lend a helping ear or give some advice. Hey-- do what you think is right and best for your child he or she will be and should be your #1 prority take care
Posted by jessica; updated 04/06/06

You are only 14 years old and you have the rest of your life still ahead of you. Dont push to get married so fast you still have to finish highschool. What ever you do dont quit school. Just finish and get it done. Dont push to get married. I am almost 20 and i am struggling to finish highschool. When you have that baby and need to get a job and nobody will hire you because you dont have an education you will be sad. And about marriage, i have been trying to get married for a year and i have a child with this man and we both work full time and still cant afford it. It is hard and expensive. And yes you don need your parents consent. I am sorry huni but i think it is best for you just to wait until you are of age and that way you guys can work to gether to raise this baby. I have a one year old and let me tell you my other half and i arent all peachy. The honeymoon ends when that baby arrives and you are both emotionally and physically exhausted. I am not telling you what to do because i got pregnant young too but there is so much stuff that i wish i could have done first. All of my friends have the time to do what ever they want and yet i am at home watching cartoons. Dont get me wrong i wouldnt change it for the world i just wish that i took the time to be a kid myself. Dont grow up too fast doll. What ever you decide i support you because that is what you need right now and your parents should too they may not agree with what is going on right now but they will still love you no matter what . Good luck sweetie. I will keep you in my prayers.
Posted by niki; updated 04/09/06

Hey- I got pregnant when I was 22yrs old. I wasn`t married but my boyfriend and his father was trying to push me to get married. I told my boyfriend, " I love you and happy we`re having a baby together but I don`t want to marry you just because I`m pregnant, I want to marry you for the RIGHT reasons." He listened to me and were still together today and are expecting again TWINS this time but we`re still not married but going to in the next year or so. Just take your time and think if you really love him, talk with your parents and see if he can be a part of your life, Live with him first so you don`t have to get a divorce. Divorce is MORE expensive then a Wedding!! Think about That!!!!!!!!
Posted by Sara; updated 04/10/06

Ohh I can`t believe ya`ll fell for that it some troll wanting attention, I mean really why would a little 14 find her way here to this site and post about being scared
PUUUULEAZE
Posted by Foofoo Bunny; updated 04/11/06

I was 19 when I got married... THAT was too young. I got divorced 9months later. You should try to atleast get thru high school before you get married...dont get married just bc youre pregnant. You should try and be with this guy without being married first. Youre young. Even if things dont work out with the fater, there are other guys out there...and when you are older, and are actually wanting to be in a relationship, the guys out there will except you AND your baby.
Posted by Christine; updated 04/16/06