WE NEED 80TH BIRTHDAY PARTY IDEAS FOR G-MA

HI WE ARE HAVING A B-DAY PARTY FOR MY - G-MA IN JUNE , I AM IN CHARGE OF THE DECORATIONS AND PARTY THEME BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO I WAS SORT OF THINKING MAYBE THE THEME BEING SOMETHING TO DO WITH MUSIC PLAYED IN THE 80`S BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MUSIC WAS PLAYED BACK THEN ( I WAS BORN ON 86 LOL) SO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF SOME ONE WOULD HELP THANKS ALOT =0)
Posted by BELEN; updated 03/21/06

Most g-ms like the music of Frank Sinatra, Neil Diamond and Barry Manilow back from back in the 80`s. I`m sure this will be a good start for you. How about the Temptations, The Supremes and some of the other Motown groups? Can she still dance? If so, the Motown era of music will be great for dancing.
Posted by crabcakes; updated 03/21/06

I have what I think are some great ideas, but please let me know what you think. I am a new to the business party planner and whatever input you can give me would be appreciated.

Anyways - As far as music, Madonna was very big in the 80`s, so was Cindi Lauper and Michael Jackson.

First I wanted to say that I think an 80`s party on her 80th is a great idea. As such, you should go through all of your pictures and your family`s pictures of your grandma in the 80`s. Look for lots of cute, sentimental and funny pictures of her and of her with other family and friends. Then take those pictures and have them blown up in different sizes. Find the one you think is the funniest and have it blown up very large, life size, and put that at the entrance. Have all the guest sign that with a personal message that way your grandma now has something to keep. For a party favor for the guests you could give them jelly bracelets or for a table decoration you can put those jelly bracelets of either your party colors, which should be bright, or an assortment of colors in a large bowl filled with water have have them float in there maybe with some floating candles. This is just a start, my brain in racing now, if you would like more, just reply back.
Posted by Missy; updated 03/22/06

Thanx crabcakes for ur information it was really helpful
Posted by BELEN; updated 03/22/06

If the celebration is on the East Coast, I`ll be happy to provide a great dance band that will keep the party the party going all night long. GM will be dancing all night long and you grand kids too! I have singers who sound exactly like the aforementioned artists.
What do you think about that idea?
Posted by crabcakes; updated 03/23/06