I WANT TO HAVE A QUINCE!

Hi everyone. I wanted to know if any of you have been (or are) in the same situation as me. See my sister is 19 and when it was her 15th birtdhay she was going to have a quince. Stuff happened & she ended up not bein able to have till later on. She could have had it like 6 months after her birthday but she chose not too. Now that i am turning 15 i decided i wanted to have a quinceanera. My mom says she cant afford it but since my dad is... "well off" i said that he could pay for it. Then i talked to my dad about it and he said i would hafta choose this over a car if i wanted it that bad and i told him i would definitaly choose the quince over a car. My mom now says that it isnt fair to my sister because she couldnt have one but how does that make it fair for me that just because she didnt have one (and she couldve, just late.. Like mine will be since my birthdays in july) i dont get one! doess anyone have any suggestions of how i could make her change her mind?? i dont know what to do because i want one soooo bad. Ive already planned it all out lol. El cort de honor, mis padrinos, everything! (me in a white dress w/my hair in a curly updo,my tiara diamond w/ruby, my damas wearing red dresses, my chambelanes wearing black tuxs w/red tie, and el chambelan de honor wearing a white tux w/red) i would be heartbroken if i couldnt have it because you only turn 15 once in your entire life & i want to make mine memorable. Not just some stupid party like every other year of your life. So anyways does anyone know what i should do to help change my moms mind??? thanks for your help.
Posted by Emilly; updated 03/04/06

What does your 19 year old sister think about it? If she thinks it is not fair that you don`t have one just because she didn`t maybe she can talk to your mom.
Posted by Jennifer; updated 03/04/06

He bad thing is, i think shes on my moms side with this one..
Posted by Emilly; updated 03/04/06

Your sister`s situation has nothing to do with your party. Your sister had a chance to have one and chose not to. You were given a choice by your father and your father expects a choice from you. If you want your Quince, you need to make that decision. You will always harbor bad feelings towards your family if you don`t have it just because of fairness because in the reality of it all, life itself is not fair. You sister can have a really nice party for her 21st birthday but for them to not want you to have something that is a tradition is also not fair. Now I am not by far telling you to go against your mother, but you surely need to have your parents together and talk to them. Explain your ideas and also tell them that your sister had a chance that SHE chose not to take but you want your chance to have your quince. Tell them all how much it means to have one. Have your sister apart of the arrangements and if she doesn`t want to be in that part, then that is fine. You should not have to make your party decision based on what she did not have.
Posted by Mika; updated 03/05/06

WELL I`M TURNING 16 IN NOVEMBER OF THIS YEAR N I`M HAVING A QUINCE STILL AT FIRST I DIDN`T WANT ONE BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO BE 16 NOT 15BUT I THOUGHT ABOUT IT N` NOW I`M STILL GOING TO HAVE BUT IN MEXICO BUT N=WAYS UR MOM SHOULD UNDERSTAND DAT UR DAD ASKED U TO DECIDE WETHER TO CHOOSE BETWEEN ONE THING OR ANOTHER N` SEE IF UR SIS DIDN`T WANT ONE IS BECAUSE IT WAS HER CHOICE N` NOW IT`S TIME FOR U TO MAKE UR OWN CHOICE N` UR RIGHT IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE NOT EVERY YEAR...IT IF UR MOM SAYS IS NOT FAIR TO HAVE ONE N` JUST GET A CAR WELL COME ON U CAN GET DAT ANY TIME OR FOR UR SWEET SIXTEEN RIGHT?N` YEAH DON`T U HAVE DA PARTY OF UR DREAMS PLANNED OUT ALREADY...?WELL HUNS GO FOR IT TRY TO CONVINCE UR MOM PLUS SHE AINT PAYING FOR UR PARTY SHE JUST GOING TO KIK BACK WITH DA EASY THING.... WELL HOPE THIS HELPED A LITTLE AT LEAST...BYE N` IF U WANNA E-MAIL ME GO FOR IT @ jojo_raiders_805@yahoo.com
Posted by joana; updated 03/28/06

Hey wats up!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Wendy; updated 06/15/06

What i think you should do is let your dad pay for your car and forget about a quince and then get a job and save up money for next year and have a sweet 16 thats what i did i wasnted a quince soo bad but my family couldnt afford it so i decided to wait till im 16 and saved up some money and im having a sweet16 my firend did the same thing also but she is having a sweet 16 iwth the 15 grls and 15 boys and her and her date make 16 so its almost like a quinceanra but a lil bit later you shoudl think about it
Posted by Corrine; updated 06/21/06

Well i do think that is not fair you could tell her that if she loved you so much she would be fair to you because it is something that is apart of you and it helps know that your a women now.That her sister could have done it late but her choise was to not do it.If her choise was that,that doesn`t mean that your, your sister because its my decision not fairness, decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO PLEASE FIND IT IN YOU HEART TO ECCEPT THAT
Posted by toetoe; updated 07/23/06